Customizing Windows 2000 Setup with preinstalled Service P..

Hi,

I seem to remember reading an article on how you could build a windows 2000
setup CD with a given Service Pack already installed. It involved
extracting the CD contents to a temporary location, extracting the chosen
service pack, modifying some files and then chucking the whole lot back on a
bootable CD.

Does anyone have any idea what the proper name for this process is and where
I might find articles on how to do it?

This is necessary because I can't install vanilla 2000 on my machines
because of a lack of USB 2.0 support which causes setup to BSOD.
Apparently.

Cheers,

Matt
3 answers Last reply
More about customizing windows 2000 setup preinstalled service

    Hi,

    The following links should help.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepack
    s/sp4/spdeploy.htm#scenario_1_installing_windows_2000_inte
    grated_with_the_service_pack_rpmd

    us;271791&Product=win2000

    Cheers

    Cheers mate

    http://old.bink.nu/bootcd/

    Dusko Savatovic

    "Matt Bayliss" <aarrgghh765@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I seem to remember reading an article on how you could build a windows
    2000
    > setup CD with a given Service Pack already installed. It involved
    > extracting the CD contents to a temporary location, extracting the chosen
    > service pack, modifying some files and then chucking the whole lot back on
    > bootable CD.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what the proper name for this process is and
    where
    > I might find articles on how to do it?
    >
    > This is necessary because I can't install vanilla 2000 on my machines
    > because of a lack of USB 2.0 support which causes setup to BSOD.
    > Apparently.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Matt

Windows 2000 CD-Rom Windows