Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Activesync with Outlook Cached Exchange Mode

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:33:35 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

I'm using Activesync with Outlook in cached exchange mode.

I'm finding that the continuous sync does not work correctly. Mainly,
messages that are deleted in Outlook do not get deleted on the pocket
PC.

There is a workaround - if you force a full resync by uncradling the
device and recradling it, then everything syncrhonizes ok. Also you
can do same by going into "tools/options" (but not changing anything)
and pressing ok - this also forces a full resync.

However the workaround is not ideal as I am forced ot manually remember
to do this before taking my PPC device somewhere.

I've read threads from about a year ago suggesting that Microsoft knows
about this issue. Does anyone know if a fix is available yet?
thanks
Patrick.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:45:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

warner_patrick@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using Activesync with Outlook in cached exchange mode.
>
>I'm finding that the continuous sync does not work correctly. Mainly,
>messages that are deleted in Outlook do not get deleted on the pocket
>PC.
>
>There is a workaround - if you force a full resync by uncradling the
>device and recradling it, then everything syncrhonizes ok. Also you
>can do same by going into "tools/options" (but not changing anything)
>and pressing ok - this also forces a full resync.
>
>However the workaround is not ideal as I am forced ot manually remember
>to do this before taking my PPC device somewhere.
>
>I've read threads from about a year ago suggesting that Microsoft knows
>about this issue. Does anyone know if a fix is available yet?
>thanks
>Patrick.

What if you delete it on the PC then do a SEND/RECEIVE on the PC? Does
that flush the message? I have never had to remove my device for inbox
changes to sync over and I have used Outlook 2003 in cached mode for
almost 2 years.
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:29:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
news:khmda15s7bigj86dd6l6l4lnd30idiurr0@4ax.com...
> warner_patrick@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm using Activesync with Outlook in cached exchange mode.
>>
>>I'm finding that the continuous sync does not work correctly. Mainly,
>>messages that are deleted in Outlook do not get deleted on the pocket
>>PC.
>>
>>There is a workaround - if you force a full resync by uncradling the
>>device and recradling it, then everything syncrhonizes ok. Also you
>>can do same by going into "tools/options" (but not changing anything)
>>and pressing ok - this also forces a full resync.
>>
>>However the workaround is not ideal as I am forced ot manually remember
>>to do this before taking my PPC device somewhere.
>>
>>I've read threads from about a year ago suggesting that Microsoft knows
>>about this issue. Does anyone know if a fix is available yet?
>>thanks
>>Patrick.
>
> What if you delete it on the PC then do a SEND/RECEIVE on the PC? Does
> that flush the message? I have never had to remove my device for inbox
> changes to sync over and I have used Outlook 2003 in cached mode for
> almost 2 years.


Seriously?

Wow.

Try googling this string in USENET:

outlook activesync "cached mode"

and see what others, myself included, are finding to be the norm.

In the meantime, you should consider your installation to be in the
*extreme* minority with respect to this issue.

-afh3
Related resources
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:16:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"afh3" <afhiii@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>I've read threads from about a year ago suggesting that Microsoft knows
>>>about this issue. Does anyone know if a fix is available yet?
>>>thanks
>>>Patrick.
>>
>> What if you delete it on the PC then do a SEND/RECEIVE on the PC? Does
>> that flush the message? I have never had to remove my device for inbox
>> changes to sync over and I have used Outlook 2003 in cached mode for
>> almost 2 years.
>
>
>Seriously?

Yup.

>Wow.
>
>Try googling this string in USENET:
>
>outlook activesync "cached mode"
>
>and see what others, myself included, are finding to be the norm.
>
>In the meantime, you should consider your installation to be in the
>*extreme* minority with respect to this issue.

I've got several users and devices set up, all Outlook 2003 in cached
mode and various Pocket PCs and one Smartphone. Never had the issue.
Maybe I just have magic fingers when configuring. :-)
--
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ed Hansberry (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices www.pocketpc.com
What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:21:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
news:kddea1dj07jipd31olue5jqe361mfqsgv2@4ax.com...

> I've got several users and devices set up, all Outlook 2003 in cached
> mode and various Pocket PCs and one Smartphone. Never had the issue.
> Maybe I just have magic fingers when configuring. :-)

Perhaps you'd like to offer some configuration suggestions that would
alleviate this issue for the multitudes that seem to suffer from this
malady. When I contacted Microsoft technical support about this very issue
last fall, they told me it was known issue and that I should change from
"Cached Mode" to "Online" in Outlook to rectify the problem. This, of
course, disables the "junk mail" features of Outlook and I stayed with the
broken configuration and simply re-synced before removing the unit from the
cradle each time.

Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, ActiveSync 3.8, Windows Mobile 2003 SE
4.21.1088
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 9:07:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

> Perhaps you'd like to offer some configuration suggestions that would
> alleviate this issue for the multitudes that seem to suffer from this
> malady. When I contacted Microsoft technical support about this very issue
> last fall, they told me it was known issue and that I should change from
> "Cached Mode" to "Online" in Outlook to rectify the problem. This, of
> course, disables the "junk mail" features of Outlook and I stayed with the
> broken configuration and simply re-synced before removing the unit from
> the cradle each time.
>
> Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, ActiveSync 3.8, Windows Mobile 2003
> SE 4.21.1088
>

Also, some of us can't disable the cached exchange mode as it is forced to
always on by our Email team.

So basically it sounds like Microsoft are not planning to fix this problem.
I wonder why - there must be some big techincal issue around it as otherwise
I'm sure they would have fixed it already.
!