collapsing programs menu

I click start, then programs, and I see all my programs. Well! most of them,
there is so much that automatically comes up when a specific file type is
choosen. Like windows media player when i click a .wmv file. I would like for
these type programs to collapse out of view until i choose them. That way I
could see and even click onto the ones off the screen to the far right. Can
someone tell me how to do this? I looked around and did not see anything that
helps except choosing smaller icons. I like the larger icons. Thanks for your
input

"robmoats" <robmoats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I click start, then programs, and I see all my programs. Well! most of them,
>there is so much that automatically comes up when a specific file type is
>choosen.

I would arrange the applications into submenus for better
organization.

--
(tm)