starting over fresh

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I just reformatted my system hard disk but I completely
cleared everything including the system startup files.
I am putting win 2000 on for the first time but I can't
get the system to load off the disc. I have the Win98
startup disc but I don't know if that will help me.
What do i do to load win2000?

Boot from the Win 2k CD. You may have to set your CD drive to boot before
you hard drive in your computer BIOS

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"rick" <slickrickfourtwenty@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just reformatted my system hard disk but I completely
> cleared everything including the system startup files.
> I am putting win 2000 on for the first time but I can't
> get the system to load off the disc. I have the Win98
> startup disc but I don't know if that will help me.
> What do i do to load win2000?

should get you there to the cd.

I switched the bios so cd loads first but it keeps giving
me an invalid system disk error. I tried my win 2000 CD
as well as my win98 CD.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

The Win 2k CD is bootable. Make sure there is nothing in the Floppy drive.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE