Changing Drive Letters

I have P3 Celeron running Win 2000 Pro. I recently added
a second hard drive. The install went fine, and the
computer recognizes it, but it assigned the second hard
drive as "drive F". My cd rom is "D", and my burner
is "E". How do I get the new hardrive to be "D" and
change the cd drives to "E" & "F".

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about changing drive letters

    You should be able to go into disk administrator (Manage Disks out of Manage My Computer)
    and change the drive letter assignements there. You may need to temporarily UN-assign a
    drive letter (i.e. unassign a drive letter for the CD lettered D then change the assignment
    for the new hard drive to D. There may be reboots in your future.

    --
    Tom

    "Tommy Chenault" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have P3 Celeron running Win 2000 Pro. I recently added
    > a second hard drive. The install went fine, and the
    > computer recognizes it, but it assigned the second hard
    > drive as "drive F". My cd rom is "D", and my burner
    > is "E". How do I get the new hardrive to be "D" and
    > change the cd drives to "E" & "F".
    >
    > Thanks

    That is what I needed. Worked perfectly. THANKYOU!!!!

    wrote in message
    >> I have P3 Celeron running Win 2000 Pro. I recently
    added
    >> a second hard drive. The install went fine, and the
    >> computer recognizes it, but it assigned the second hard
    >> drive as "drive F". My cd rom is "D", and my burner
    >> is "E". How do I get the new hardrive to be "D" and
    >> change the cd drives to "E" & "F".
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >

    >.

    You're welcome.

    --

    > That is what I needed. Worked perfectly. THANKYOU!!!!

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows