Creating trust between SBS 2003 & 2000 server

We have purchased Small business server 2003(primium
edition) for our new IBM server and created a domain.
Kindly tell us how to create trust between this domain and
other existing domains(servers running 2000 server O/S).
2 answers Last reply
More about creating trust 2003 2000 server

    Hello,

    Thank you for posting here.

    I understand that you want to establish trust relationship between Windows
    2000 domain and the new Small Business Server 2003.

    Please note that it is not possible to establish the trust relationship
    between Small Business server 2003 and the Windows 2000 domain. Please
    visit the following link for more information.

    Windows Small Business Server 2003 Getting Started Guide
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/plan/gsg/appx_d.mspx

    Please scroll down to the "Active Directory" section of the article and
    look at the last bullet point in that section.

    Excerpt from the article:

    You cannot establish any type of trust between the Windows Small Business
    Server domain and any other domain. A trust is a logical relationship
    established between domains to allow user accounts and global groups
    defined in one domain to be given rights and permissions in another domain.

    I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
    feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

    Rashmi

    --------------------
    | From: "divakar" <diva_s5@hotmail.com>
    | Sender: "divakar" <diva_s5@hotmail.com>
    | Subject: Creating trust between SBS 2003 & 2000 server
    | Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:44:17 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
    |
    | We have purchased Small business server 2003(primium
    | edition) for our new IBM server and created a domain.
    | Kindly tell us how to create trust between this domain and
    | other existing domains(servers running 2000 server O/S).

    True...one cannot (to my knowledge) set up the trust in question.

    Reasons are obvious...SBS 2003 is for Small Bussinesses...and the MS logic
    is "SBS 2003 is NOT used i complex situations that require trust
    relationsships". In other words MS states:

    If you need to create a trust relationship, use Windows Server 2003
    versions...

    Ted

    "Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]" <v-raky@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for posting here.
    >
    > I understand that you want to establish trust relationship between Windows
    > 2000 domain and the new Small Business Server 2003.
    >
    > Please note that it is not possible to establish the trust relationship
    > between Small Business server 2003 and the Windows 2000 domain. Please
    > visit the following link for more information.
    >

    > Windows Small Business Server 2003 Getting Started Guide
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/plan/gsg/appx_d.mspx
    >
    > Please scroll down to the "Active Directory" section of the article and
    > look at the last bullet point in that section.
    >
    > Excerpt from the article:
    >
    > You cannot establish any type of trust between the Windows Small Business
    > Server domain and any other domain. A trust is a logical relationship
    > established between domains to allow user accounts and global groups
    > defined in one domain to be given rights and permissions in another
    domain.

    > I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
    > feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!
    >
    > Rashmi

    rights.
    > --------------------
    > | From: "divakar" <diva_s5@hotmail.com>
    > | Sender: "divakar" <diva_s5@hotmail.com>
    > | Subject: Creating trust between SBS 2003 & 2000 server
    > | Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:44:17 -0700
    > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
    > |
    > | We have purchased Small business server 2003(primium
    > | edition) for our new IBM server and created a domain.
    > | Kindly tell us how to create trust between this domain and
    > | other existing domains(servers running 2000 server O/S).

Domain SBS 2003 Servers Windows