Help on Removing old domain.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 7, 2004 8:12:39 PM

I have a native mode 2000 domain in my organization and I had a trust setup
between my new domain and my old NT4 domain. I have now removed al the
workstations from that old domain and the only machine left in that domain
was the PDC. I have now switched the DC of for the NT4 domain but I still
see the domain listed in the entire network list plus in the AD servers on
the 2000 domain I see the following event.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5719
Date: 07/07/2004
Time: 16:01:27
User: N/A
Computer: LDNGC02
No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain
EB-LDN. The following error occurred:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
Data:
0000: 5e 00 00 c0 ^..À

Any ideas please.

More about : removing domain

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 4:05:22 AM

Stuart-

Have you removed the old domain from AD Domains and Trusts?

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com