Sysprep resetting configuration (SP4)

I have a Windows 2000 machine in which I built a clean
install to use as an image master. Under My Computer,
Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, System
Failures, I have disabled "Send an administrative alert"
and "Automatically reboot". I created a local account,
made the same settings, copied the profile to default user
so the settings would apply to any new account created. I
run sysprep, which works properly, however, it re-
enables "Send an administrative alert" and "Automatically
reboot".

I run sysprep using the -forceshutdown command, and can
repeat the issue using -pnp, -reboot. Sysprep re-enabling
these settings is a significant issue on my network. Has
anyone else seen this, or does anyone else have a
workaround/fix?
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about sysprep resetting configuration

    May be part of the drill, seems odd though.

    Worst case, look up those reg settings, and write a script to run in the
    sysprep.inf after the reload which utilizes the reg utility to change them
    back.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Jeff Ferris" <jferris@tceq.state.tx.us> wrote in message
    > I have a Windows 2000 machine in which I built a clean
    > install to use as an image master. Under My Computer,
    > Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, System
    > Failures, I have disabled "Send an administrative alert"
    > and "Automatically reboot". I created a local account,
    > made the same settings, copied the profile to default user
    > so the settings would apply to any new account created. I
    > run sysprep, which works properly, however, it re-
    > enables "Send an administrative alert" and "Automatically
    > reboot".
    >
    > I run sysprep using the -forceshutdown command, and can
    > repeat the issue using -pnp, -reboot. Sysprep re-enabling
    > these settings is a significant issue on my network. Has
    > anyone else seen this, or does anyone else have a
    > workaround/fix?
    > thanks

Configuration Windows 2000 Windows