Offline files and Recycle Bin

We have offline files configured for remote users. When they are at home, and not connected to the network, and delete a document, the document does not go to the Recycle Bin but is permanetly deleted.This is because offline files are directed to a network share. Of course, you can see this could be a problem because there is no copy being saved to the server. I would like to know if I can change this to allow the deleted item to be put into their Recycle Bin.