DirectX

newbie

What is DirectX. My friends computer is showing two DirectX file missing.
How can he get back these two files. He is using WindowsXP Pro SP2.
The missing files are:
(1) d3d8.dll and
(2) d3d9.dll
Kindly help.
TIA.

"newbie" <newbie16@invalid.com> wrote:

>What is DirectX. My friends computer is showing two DirectX file missing.
>How can he get back these two files. He is using WindowsXP Pro SP2.

Reinstall DirectX from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm.

--
(tm)

newbie

The link you gave me is not in existence. In Microsoft website Direct x
download shows it will require nearly 10 hrs. Is there any other way of
downloading these two missing files?
The missing files are:
(1) d3d8.dll and
(2) d3d9.dll
TIA

"newbie" <newbie16@invalid.com> wrote in message
> The link you gave me is not in existence. In Microsoft website Direct x
> download shows it will require nearly 10 hrs. Is there any other way of
> downloading these two missing files?
> The missing files are:
> (1) d3d8.dll and
> (2) d3d9.dll
> TIA

If your OE were fully up-to-date the link would have worked. But it isn't.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"newbie" <newbie16@invalid.com> wrote:

>The link you gave me is not in existence. In Microsoft website Direct x
>download shows it will require nearly 10 hrs. Is there any other way of
>downloading these two missing files?
>The missing files are:
>(1) d3d8.dll and
>(2) d3d9.dll

The link has been splitted into two lines. Make sure that you copy it
to the Address field in complete.
DirectX should not require such a long download time, however, if you
connect to the Internet via a modem, the download may take some time.
You could use a search engine to find download locations for the
missing files. Simply search for the file names.

--
(tm)

newbie

Downloaded the two missing files and DXDIAG now shows no problem found, but
now it says that DDRAW.dll is not found, while it is still there.
Downloaded the DDRAW,dll file but in no way can I replace the old file. I
cannot even delete the old file and the new file simply refuses to replace
the old file.
Another thing d3d9.dll version which I downloaded is swedish version instead
of English.
Is it happening because of this.
Please help.
TIA.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "newbie" <newbie16@invalid.com> wrote in message
> > The link you gave me is not in existence. In Microsoft website Direct x
> > download shows it will require nearly 10 hrs. Is there any other way of
> > downloading these two missing files?
> > The missing files are:
> > (1) d3d8.dll and
> > (2) d3d9.dll
> > TIA
>
> If your OE were fully up-to-date the link would have worked. But it
isn't.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com