Client for PPC 2003 Blackberry mail push

June 8, 2005 8:37:45 PM

Hi
I have a Dell x5 and it is connected to the net using GPRS Via my phone.
its running PPC2003 I want to install a client to allow me to receive emails
via a blackberry server. the only clients I can find are for XDAs or MDAs
and these don't install on my PPC, is there a blackberry client for a PPC?

Thanks

Adrian
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:55:03 PM

Adrian,

As far as I know, there is no push client like Blackberry. I could be wrong
but I've not seen it.

Interestingly enough, with Windows Mobile 5.0 there will be the ability to
push email.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a Dell x5 and it is connected to the net using GPRS Via my
> phone. its running PPC2003 I want to install a client to allow me to
> receive emails via a blackberry server. the only clients I can find are
> for XDAs or MDAs and these don't install on my PPC, is there a blackberry
> client for a PPC?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adrian

June 9, 2005 2:13:01 PM

Thanks Clinton,
It seems to be a gap in the market as Blackberry told me that there is only
clients for XDA and MDAs that use windows mobile phone edition, so nothing
for those of use who use our phones to connect the PPC to the net via BT and
GPRS!!

Adrian

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
<management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> Adrian,
>
> As far as I know, there is no push client like Blackberry. I could be
> wrong but I've not seen it.
>
> Interestingly enough, with Windows Mobile 5.0 there will be the ability to
> push email.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> "Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have a Dell x5 and it is connected to the net using GPRS Via my
>> phone. its running PPC2003 I want to install a client to allow me to
>> receive emails via a blackberry server. the only clients I can find are
>> for XDAs or MDAs and these don't install on my PPC, is there a blackberry
>> client for a PPC?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Adrian

June 9, 2005 2:13:02 PM

Adrian,

There won't be this gap for long.

--

> Thanks Clinton,
> It seems to be a gap in the market as Blackberry told me that there is
> only clients for XDA and MDAs that use windows mobile phone edition, so
> nothing for those of use who use our phones to connect the PPC to the net
> via BT and GPRS!!
>
> Adrian
>
> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>> Adrian,
>>
>> As far as I know, there is no push client like Blackberry. I could be
>> wrong but I've not seen it.
>>
>> Interestingly enough, with Windows Mobile 5.0 there will be the ability
>> to push email.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Clinton Fitch
>> Senior Editor / Owner
>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>
>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>
>> "Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I have a Dell x5 and it is connected to the net using GPRS Via my
>>> phone. its running PPC2003 I want to install a client to allow me to
>>> receive emails via a blackberry server. the only clients I can find are
>>> for XDAs or MDAs and these don't install on my PPC, is there a
>>> blackberry client for a PPC?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Adrian

June 9, 2005 8:08:22 PM

Are you referring to Windows Mobile 5.0? if so that would still mean buying
a new PPC for me just to get this functionality, but I guess that's kind of
inevitable at some point in time!

Or do you know of a developer writing one?

news:o mAD4oObFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Adrian,
>
> There won't be this gap for long.
>

> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> "Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message
>> Thanks Clinton,
>> It seems to be a gap in the market as Blackberry told me that there is
>> only clients for XDA and MDAs that use windows mobile phone edition, so
>> nothing for those of use who use our phones to connect the PPC to the net
>> via BT and GPRS!!
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
>> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>>> Adrian,
>>>
>>> As far as I know, there is no push client like Blackberry. I could be
>>> wrong but I've not seen it.
>>>
>>> Interestingly enough, with Windows Mobile 5.0 there will be the ability
>>> to push email.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Clinton Fitch
>>> Senior Editor / Owner
>>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>>
>>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>>
>>> "Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 8:08:23 PM

Adrian,

No, it is within the abilities of 5.0 and Exchange 2003 SP2. If you have
that combination, you can do a push. I don't have the specifics on it
beyond this however.

Regards,

--

news:o eilQUQbFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Are you referring to Windows Mobile 5.0? if so that would still mean
> buying a new PPC for me just to get this functionality, but I guess that's
> kind of inevitable at some point in time!
>
> Or do you know of a developer writing one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adrian
>
> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> news:o mAD4oObFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Adrian,
>>
>> There won't be this gap for long.
>>

>> --
>> Clinton Fitch
>> Senior Editor / Owner
>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>
>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>
>> "Adrian" <Adrian@nospamhotmail.com.uk> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Clinton,
>>> It seems to be a gap in the market as Blackberry told me that there is
>>> only clients for XDA and MDAs that use windows mobile phone edition, so
>>> nothing for those of use who use our phones to connect the PPC to the
>>> net via BT and GPRS!!
>>>
>>> Adrian
>>>
>>> "Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
>>> <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 8:12:53 PM

I know both Cingular and Verizon (In the US) offer a push-email solution for
their pocketpc's and phone edition's, for use with their wireless services.
My boss has the Audiovox XV6600 on verizon with their unlimited (always
connected) plan and he just had to install a small push server on his
desktop, and he gets all his mail (pop3 and Exchange) instantly on his
device. it's quite sweet !!

!