XP & Win2K RIS Problem

Hi, I successfully created a XP image for my RIS server. The desktop
machines can boot from the RIS floopy, it copies all the files over,
but on the final screen before the reboot, I get the following error:

CAUTION: The selected operating system image cannot be
modified to match your computer's hardware because of a
missing driver or lack of resources.

The image may work if your hardware is similar to the
hardware in use when the image was created.

I am trying to deploy XP BACK to the machine that the image was taken
from? it is driving me crazy!!!! Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

juraj

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

I had the same message and the image worked fine.

<google5_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I successfully created a XP image for my RIS server. The desktop
> machines can boot from the RIS floopy, it copies all the files over,
> but on the final screen before the reboot, I get the following error:
>

> CAUTION: The selected operating system image cannot be
> modified to match your computer's hardware because of a
> missing driver or lack of resources.
>
> The image may work if your hardware is similar to the
> hardware in use when the image was created.
>

> I am trying to deploy XP BACK to the machine that the image was taken
> from? it is driving me crazy!!!! Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks

Problem is, the install bombs out after this error as it cannot update
the server image. I don't think it is permissions either.

<SNIP>

> I had the same message and the image worked fine.

Hello

You most likely need to update your systen image on the RIS Server
with updated nic drivers.

How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm

Microsoft Reference articles:

Error Message: The Operating System Image You Selected Does Not
Contain the Necessary Drivers for Your Network Adapter. Try Selecting
a Different Operating System Image. If the Problem Persists, Contact
Your System Administrator
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315074

How to Add Third-Party OEM Network Adapters to RIS Installations
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246184

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic