friendly logon in xp pro

Hi,
I'm toying with the idea of pgrading from xp home (oem) to xp pro
(microsoft) but I'd really like to keep the friendly welcome logon screen
with different pictograms for the different users.

Is this possible?
Alan

(at work we use xp pro and the logon screen is simply a userid/password
screen. Ive got the xp pro cd so cost is not a factor)

Certainly is, just set the option to use the "welcome
screen" in users (control panel).

"ICTag" <ICTag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I'm toying with the idea of pgrading from xp home (oem)
to xp pro
| (microsoft) but I'd really like to keep the friendly
welcome logon screen
| with different pictograms for the different users.
|
| Is this possible?
| Alan
|
| (at work we use xp pro and the logon screen is simply a
userid/password
| screen. Ive got the xp pro cd so cost is not a factor)

I would recommend creating a backup image of your C: drive (using something
like Norton Ghost) before upgrading. That way if the upgrade goes horribly
wrong you simply re-image back your old C: drive.

Good Luck !

TimH