killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hello, Everybody

I know this does not go here but i need some help with a problem i have been working on I have a D-link 655 Wireless NRouter and the D-link Dwa-552 Wireless N card Pci. I have this problem i put the driver's they came with and other driver's from linksys it was working it like makes my computer skip. the music gets chippy and goes back to nomal and does it over and over. and sometimes it dont do it. it like slows my computer down. and if you guys know about router's which i know alot of you do. ok i get connected to the router and the singal is good. now here is the problem it will show my wireless info on the router and TX dropped we'll there is like %60 error's and like %10 dropped TX. which means i dont know where the error's if its the router or the wireless card. i have tired 6 router's and everything and the only choice i had was wireless N because wireless G and alot of ppl living around me have wireless G. so i would get dc'ed every 20 minutes sometime it would stay longer. there is 70 from my computer and the router there is 3 thin walls not steel or anything like that. someone did say get a router with A+G that does 2.4ghz/5ghz and a card that is A+G 2.4/5ghz.

I just am tired of having so many problems i spent $300 on this set and it's like i just cant get it to work to save my life. and my job is online. i get paid to level toon's on wow. and its just i am tired of trying everything and it not working. i am about the hell with computer and everything. because this has gave me nothing but problem's

so if any of you guys could help me. i would b very great full if i really have to i will pay someone to help me. i just want it to work. and work like its made to.

so if anybody could help me i would be very Thank full

Thanks
Brian

Here is a update. I took the D-link POS back to the store picked up the linksys wireless N card and Wireless N router and it works awesome i get very good single and my computer does not lag. i played cod2 for 8 hours today non-stop and it worked! did not lag kick me off or anything. so if you are looking to get the wireless N stuff get linksys becasue they have made a awesome N line of router's now if you get the router dotn install the software with because thats where the problems are coming from! and with the wireless card, Just install the drivers only. and they will work awesome from 70 feet away 3 walls and the cell and wireless phones by it does not effect it at all. because it is running at 2.4ghz/5ghz i get 170mbps 170/8=21.25 in real mbps so if you have a 7mb 10mb like we do in Toledo,
It will work awesome and this is going from my grandfather house to my house.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Yeah. i do -.- there is like 10-15 ppl with wireless router's the 2wire router's. we'll form what i have read about the d-link it likes to pick on the little guy like the wireless G and super wireless G it even mess's with my grandfather's cord less 2.4 ghz phone

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Early adopters of draft systems usually only have issues with their own equipment... Wifi draft n, on the other hand tends to overpower many other wireless classes. Including your G'Pa's phone.

This class of equipment should have never been allowed to release to market until they overcame the design issues. So you ARE the problem.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll from what i have been reading about the chip's in the wireless card's and router's they are using a new chip. we'll i mean it work it dont discount me it just slows my computer down and it bother's me on the TX dropped because its like 400 or 500 for like 10k which i dont know if it's good or bad plus plus when i got the box it said Hardware Verison A2 but here is says Hardware Version: A1 which i dont think makes much sense maybe i just got a bad router or wireless card

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll he got the router for me because i make a living off the internet. it does not bother him about the cordless phone we are tired of fking around with differnt router's and wireless cards and they are not working. i mean i just need something that will work and not have dc's or my ping is bad in a game or something. because i make money from world of warcraft. i do differnt service's and it a way i make money until i get my schooling done. and get a real job. so i just need a router and wireless card or is it because i am on a p4 1.5ghz 512mb windows xp service pack 2. should i get all of the updates from MS :?: or should i get a new computer and my computer slow downs will go away or what :?: we'll this is sad to say but i am using a link-sys driver from there wireless N card and it work with D-link dwa-552 card. d-link used verison 1.0.0 and i am using 6.0.1.2 verison from link-sys and its a Uk verison but it still not does help it does alot my computer it not as slow as it was but the sound and the computer going slow fast slow fast. 8O 8O the only reason i cant use wireless G is because so many ppl have it around here. :evil: :evil: but i like this router cuz it mess's with there stuff like there stuff was messin with mine :twisted: :twisted: but thats beside the ponit i just need something to work i am about ot build a new computer so. because i have 30 days to take it back

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll i have lost about 4 days of work already but my bill's are paid for mouth in adv when i know why i did that. because its saving my butt now. but i am missing work my boss it not mad he thinks i am going to lose my mind over this problem. i just want to fix i should just get a Hammer and beat the router and wireless card and my computer. 8O :D :D :D so i have to do this anymore because this is the longest 2 mouths of my life. trying to fix this

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
and jumping jack if you read this post i really need your help on this because you seem to know alot about router's and wireless card's and computer's so if you could help me with this i would be very great full and if anybody can help i would be very great full i need to get this problem sloved.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Yes I could, (and the list of links would run to 100's of pages...) but just google "ieee 802.11n". Draft 2 has just gone up for review, and approval is still in the future. Any hardware that is running in draft 1 specs is... How do I say this politely? A bleeding frequency hog. It doesn't stay in freq. specs, doesn't stay in power envelopes, and tends to 'swamp' any other rf signals in its radiation pattern.

This is the worst debacle in the history of WIFI.... Hopefully WiMax won't have the same teething issues.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
As I said previously, these products should never have been let into the wild. They have progation fields that are all over the place.

As to your Pa, as i said earlier we'd likely have stories to tell. As Snuffy Smith would've said, "'Nuff said!".

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll would the A+G 2.4/5ghz router work because its only like 65-70 feet away i just need something that will stay on and not dc all the time.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll i was reading that everybody with the d-link 655 router and card have the same problems. with the sound. and the router likeing to control everything cell phone and cordless phones. so i am goign to do resarch and see what i can dig up.

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll Thanks jack for trying to help but i did alot of reading sense i had the thing and people had better luck with linksys because of the hcipset they use they use boardcom or some name like that and d-link use's a chip called A something lol. i guess they have alot of problems with them

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
we'll here is why because d-link use's Atheros WiSOC based Hardware

We'll linksys use's Broadcom based hardware so this is better by far.

I guess linksys will make a Atheros WiSOC hardware for the WRT300N V.2

We'll the WRT300N v.1 use's Broadcom hardware.

Yes i learned the differnet chip set's of the router's but i have learned alot in 2 mouths lol, But i will say this Linksys is on a roll With wireless N right now they have the best software out for the pci wireless N card's and the router's. but if
anybody gets linksys go to link's website and d/l the new drives for the N card it makes a big differnce plus this like the flag ship of the router's its not a bad price. $139.99 and the card was $99 at bestbuy. but it's worth the money had a few problems at get go but i fixed them.

Now jack if you read this again, Maybe you could help me with the differnce bewteen the 20mhz channel and the 40mhz wide channel. I dont knwo what they are. lol 8O but i do know that it is on like 2.4ghz+2=5ghz i belive unless i am wrong but i am trying to find out maybe you could help me and thanks for everybody helps by the way very great full