ASUS "Splendid", Ha!

MrMaestro

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Hey,

I have an ASUS 7600GS which has "ASUS Splendid Technology". It's supposed to optimize video playback by getting the graphics card to do stuff. Anyway, it's only annoying me. I'm using WinDVD, but with hardware and colour acceleration off (actually can someone tell me why I'm having trouble using them - when i try to set hardware acceleration on i either get screwed up video, like just random blurry colours, not the actual video, or WinDVD has an error and crashes)

Thanks to Splendid the colours are kinda whacked (a lot deeper, i find it annoying on my CRT, maybe on an LCD it'd look good), but also DVD playback (on WinDVD) is crappy, it's not smooth.

Is there a way to alter Splendid settings, or just turn it off?

Thanks,

MrMaestro

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
You should get a hint from the name , :lol: LMAO

it aint called splendid for nothing .. :lol:

Asus and their gay technology .

No idea about the deeper colours , i hope you have a splendid time :lol:

King-Of-Kings

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
That has nothing to do with Splendid, your computers just acting retarded.

You should be able to change splendid settings under video card properties. I have it on an 8800 GTS and while i don't notice a performance difference using splendid. It can improve the colour quality of your video's with different colour setting option.

I like using Vivid Colours when watching movies and the colours really stand out on LCD monitors.

And dude what are you doing using Windvd, get PowerDVD. 8)

MrMaestro

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Yeah, I'm trying PowerDVD (thanks for the tip mate) and it works fine with hardware acceleration.

And as for the colour settings, goddamn it's tricky finding the right ones, i finally did it though, thanks a lot for the tip man, i can finally watch Goldeneye on my new comp (I've been hankering to watch it for a while but the weird colours put me off, also really wanna watch True Lies but I can't find the DVD...)

Thanks again mate,

MrMaestro