2003 installation using RIS

I have a unattended setup for 2003 server on a 2003 RIS Server. Everything
is working with the exception of how it creates the system partition (c:\).
I storage device is about 280 GB and it uses the entire device for the c:\
partition, but I only want the c:\ partion to be 7 GB, leaving the rest
unpartition. Is this possible? How?

Thanks
John

Unfortunately, the options provided for partitioning fall short of the mark.
As you've discovered, you have two choices -- use the whole disk or leave
alone.

One way around this is to make use of the Windows Preinstallation
Environment, or WinPE. This allows scripting of partitioning using the
diskpart command.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has chosen to make WinPE available only to certain
customers (e.g. those on Software Assurance, Select, Enterprise, etc).

Hope this helps

Oli

"John Hiebert" <hieberj@okstate.edu> wrote in message
>I have a unattended setup for 2003 server on a 2003 RIS Server. Everything
> is working with the exception of how it creates the system partition
> (c:\).
> I storage device is about 280 GB and it uses the entire device for the c:\
> partition, but I only want the c:\ partion to be 7 GB, leaving the rest
> unpartition. Is this possible? How?
>
> Thanks
> John

Yes, it possible.

If you modify the templates\ristndrd.sif file and change Repartition and
UseWholeDisk values to No as shown below, you will be prompted to set the
disk partition and size manually.

[RemoteInstall]
Repartition = No
UseWholeDisk = No