Unalbe to join domain during sysprep mini-setup

I just installed 2k on a Dell GX400, joined the domain, etc. I then ran
SYSPREP, with the sysprep.inf file in c:\sysprep on this machine, it
rebooted.. went through the mini-setup but would not auto-join the domain,
kept telling me an "invalid domain name was specified". Im thinking its
having trouble finding the DC... on some pc's it works fine, on others it
doesnt. Any help?
3 answers Last reply
More about unalbe join domain sysprep mini setup

    More Info.

    the domain name in sysprep is "braytonlaw" ..which works fine on some pc's,
    however on this one i got the error "invalid domain name" .. i changed the
    domain name to "braytonlaw.com" now i get the error "workstation driver is
    not installed" on the same screen. I have imported all of the drivers into
    a c:\drivers folder and told sysprep.inf to look there.. why isnt it
    working?

    "Joe B" <joebNOSPAM@PLEASEbraytonlaw.com> wrote in message
    > I just installed 2k on a Dell GX400, joined the domain, etc. I then ran
    > SYSPREP, with the sysprep.inf file in c:\sysprep on this machine, it
    > rebooted.. went through the mini-setup but would not auto-join the domain,
    > kept telling me an "invalid domain name was specified". Im thinking its
    > having trouble finding the DC... on some pc's it works fine, on others
    it
    > doesnt. Any help?

    I need help with this at well im trying to get sysprep to
    work well but when i restarted it came up asking me to
    enter windows serial #

    the cd key you mean? The following section should do it for you without
    problems. just replace the X's with your key

    [UserData]
    FullName=BP (you dont need this)
    OrgName=BP (you dont need this)
    ComputerName=* (you dont need this)
    ProductID=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

    "William Hanchett" <william.hanchett@mascocs.com> wrote in message
    > I need help with this at well im trying to get sysprep to
    > work well but when i restarted it came up asking me to
    > enter windows serial #

Domain Microsoft Windows