Sysprep Keeps Rebooting after startup

Hello Friends,

I have an assortment of PC's here I need to have imaged for a company
that will be deploying a new set of pc's. The pc's we have are ALL
compaqs, models:

xw6000
xw5000
xw4100
xw4000
w6000
w4000
Deskpro

From what Ive read i should be able to use Sysprep to image a master
computer with all the applications and settings, then I use sysprep
and generate a sysprep.ini file with all the answers.. Here is mine

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
OemSkipEula=Yes
InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386
TargetPath=\WINNT
OemPnPDriversPath=c:\drivers\scsi;c:\drivers\lan;c:\drivers\video;c:\drivers\audio

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
FullName="AIM User"
OrgName="Alex Irvine Motors"
ComputerName=AIM-PC
productid=

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=800
YResolution=600
Vrefresh=60

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1

[OEM_Ads]
Logo=Setup.bmp

[SetupMgr]
DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386
DistShare=win2000dist

[Identification]
JoinDomain=
DomainAdmin=
DomainAdminPassword=

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Sysprep]
BuildMassStorageSection=Yes

[SysprepMassStorage]

At first I had a problem with error 00000007c where "Inaccessible boot
device" occured, but i managed to get around that.

I used a XW4100 to make the master image, and it wont work on a W6000
compaq computer. I dont know if this is because the hardware is too
dissimliar (but isnt that what sysprep is for?) or if its just because
I cant figure this out for the hell of me :(

anyone have any idea's?
3 answers Last reply
More about sysprep rebooting startup

    There is a registry modification you can do to prevent the blue screens. It
    something to do with IDE devices.
    As far as the OEMPNPDRIVERSPATH= line, I would get rid of that completely
    and put those paths in
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath= I'm not sure
    if it likes the C: in there, mine is like
    DevicePath=%systemroot%\inf;%systemdrive%\drivers\video , etc, etc. If
    your problem is a driver problem, try what I suggested. Here is my
    sysprep.inf, much more basic than yours. Works on about 5 dif dell models
    so far. I notice you have the JoinDomain= blank, etc, not sure if you even
    need to include it in your inf file if its blank.

    ;SetupMgrTag
    [Unattended]
    OemSkipEula=Yes
    DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
    UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes
    ExtendOemPartition=1
    NoWaitAfterGuiMode=1

    [GuiUnattended]
    AdminPassword=*
    OEMSkipRegional=1
    TimeZone=4
    OemSkipWelcome=1

    [UserData]
    FullName=BP
    OrgName=BP
    ComputerName=*
    ProductID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    [Display]
    BitsPerPel=16
    Xresolution=800
    YResolution=600

    [Networking]

    [Identification]
    JoinDomain="braytonlaw.com"
    DomainAdmin="braytonlaw.com\import"
    DomainAdminPassword=import

    Dans le message <df9f579f.0407261105.55621c4c@posting.google.com>,
    Ron [graphixstorm@yahoo.com] s'exprima en ces termes :

    > [Sysprep]
    > BuildMassStorageSection=Yes
    >
    > [SysprepMassStorage]
    >
    > At first I had a problem with error 00000007c where "Inaccessible boot
    > device" occured, but i managed to get around that.
    >
    > I used a XW4100 to make the master image, and it wont work on a W6000
    > compaq computer. I dont know if this is because the hardware is too
    > dissimliar (but isnt that what sysprep is for?) or if its just because
    > I cant figure this out for the hell of me :(

    Hi,

    First of all, you can use sysprep for that.

    I don't use the BuildMassStorageSection but I write the SysprepMassStorage
    section manually with all SCSI devices I have to deploy.
    Try this, it should work.
    I am not at work but I can give you the line for XW6000 (I have that model
    too) on monday if you don't find it. I think there is a part of it in the
    oemsetup file in the driver.

    --
    Nicolas

    "This behavior is by design" (Microsoft)
  3. yes i got this many times but finally i was lucky and decided to boot with a boot cd i made using ghost boot wizard.... i have added an old version or partition magic on this cd and decided to look whats going on there.... partition magic found an error size on the disk partition and aks to fix it automatically what i did. and after it boot normally... i dont know why the partition size was corrupted but after i fixed it all was fine. this happen randomly!

    Paul Cr. Lab admin

Windows