Can't VPN from Pocket PC to SBS

June 8, 2005 7:27:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

I can't make a vpn connection from this PocketPC (Windows Media 2003 on a
Siemens SX66 w/ a Cingular connection) to my SBS 2003.

On the PocketPC I get a "Cannot Connect; VPN;My VPN; VPN server problems.
Verify your username and password, and try again. If the problem continues,
turn the device off and try again."

On the SBS, the system event log shows an Event ID: 20049, source:
RemoteAccess, "user connected to port VPN3-4 has been disconnected because
the authentication process did not complete within the required amount of
time".

I've never used a PocketPC, but configuring the VPN connection seemed
straight-forward and very similar to how it's done on XP. I've reentered my
password in case I got it wrong the first time. I've even tried to connect
as "administrator".

No one has any problem making vpn connections from their home PCs to the
SBS. So I'm guessing it's not a firewall issue (unless the PocketPC has
additional requirements).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

More about : vpn pocket sbs

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:51:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

Do you get these errors while trying to conect via gprs or wifi? You may
also want to check the allowed authentifications that SBS is using for vpn
connections.

rights...

"bobk" <bkreimborg@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:o yhERhGbFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I can't make a vpn connection from this PocketPC (Windows Media 2003 on a
>Siemens SX66 w/ a Cingular connection) to my SBS 2003.
>
> On the PocketPC I get a "Cannot Connect; VPN;My VPN; VPN server
> problems. Verify your username and password, and try again. If the problem
> continues, turn the device off and try again."
>
> On the SBS, the system event log shows an Event ID: 20049, source:
> RemoteAccess, "user connected to port VPN3-4 has been disconnected because
> the authentication process did not complete within the required amount of
> time".
>
> I've never used a PocketPC, but configuring the VPN connection seemed
> straight-forward and very similar to how it's done on XP. I've reentered
> my password in case I got it wrong the first time. I've even tried to
> connect as "administrator".
>
> No one has any problem making vpn connections from their home PCs to the
> SBS. So I'm guessing it's not a firewall issue (unless the PocketPC has
> additional requirements).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

June 8, 2005 9:51:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs (More info?)

I've been trying to connect via GPRS.

PocketPC is config'd to use PPTP. And that's what my desktop PC at home
uses also. Actually the logs on SBS show that everyone uses PPTP when they
vpn into the network. So I assume I'm using the allowed authentifications
that SBS is using.

!