Sign in with
Your question

Is "shoprunner" legit?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
July 28, 2011 2:31:16 PM

There's a thing on newegg offering "free 2-day shipping" if you use ShopRunner's 30-day trial. On the one hand, that seems too good to be true, but on the other, Newegg is usually pretty trustworthy.
My questions are:
1. Is this a scam, where they make it hard to cancel before your "free trial" expires?
2. How can I tell, without joining, which items are eligible?

More about : shoprunner legit

July 29, 2011 12:55:03 AM

I won't do it... If you forget to cancel or have issues, you are looking at a $79.00 fee! Unless you order online a lot, it just isn't worth that amount of money compared to the $15.00 or so to ship UPS ground...
m
l
July 29, 2011 2:59:48 AM

thats crazy. simple math - 79/15 = is about 5 orders. if you order 5 times in 12 months, shoprunner pays for itself. definitely worth it if you shop a lot. and they have a ton of retailers in addition to newegg....
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2011 8:59:01 PM

I have to say that they have been nothing but amazing. when i order things from Newegg no matter what it's there in 2 days, most of the time the next day because i live kinda close to the Newegg warehouse in New Jersey(300 miles). even when things were shipped from the California or Tennessee warehouse's i got 2ND day air. that's over $50 to get 2ND day air on a 7 pound Package from CA to MD. Just incredible and i pay $8.95 a month for shoprunner
m
l
March 13, 2012 7:34:20 PM

I tried shop runner and never used it for a whole 350 days. They said if you never used it for a year you can get your money back. When I canceled they credited a defunct old credit card with closed account. then then said it was my problem. I have never received a refund..

TOTAL SCAM!! DONT DO IT! go to Amazon Prime!
m
l
May 8, 2012 7:11:41 PM

I used the free 30 day trial on Newegg. Three more purchases enabled me for a 90 day trial for free. Two more purchases from a shoprunner retailer I get it free for a year. Its worth it, at least to me. Just make sure you cancel within the thirty days. However do it after 3-5 purchases online and they'll hook you up with more free time.
m
l
May 9, 2012 4:50:36 PM

When I built my latest PC I signed up for the 30 day trail. It was as advertised and worked great. Cancelled my "trial" before the time limit was up and wasn't charged a cent. Saved $45 worth of shipping in that month.
m
l
December 27, 2013 3:07:02 PM

so they dont do an authorization charge?
m
l
April 18, 2014 7:08:40 AM

Dude I did the 30 day trial, ordered some pizzas with it and then cancelled. They then gave me a freaking 1 year of service and I have to admit it's awesome. Shoprunner helps a lot with delivery fees and it's totally worth it if you do a lot of online shopping.
m
l
April 22, 2014 2:51:13 PM

I have shoprunner, have HAD shoprunner for a while now. It's perfect for newegg.
m
l
April 27, 2014 12:43:15 AM

If you have an American Express card, you may be eligible for free membership but will have to charge purchases to that card.
m
l
June 26, 2014 10:37:16 AM

dnstrom said:
I tried shop runner and never used it for a whole 350 days. They said if you never used it for a year you can get your money back. When I canceled they credited a defunct old credit card with closed account. then then said it was my problem. I have never received a refund..

TOTAL SCAM!! DONT DO IT! go to Amazon Prime!

i thought it was great, i just wanted to save money on a pizza and so i signed up, ordered and then canceled the trial and it was all good :) 
m
l
!