RIS GUID conflict

juraj

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

I've been using the same docking station to RIS a bunch of notebooks. I
received a message that there is GUID conflict in Active Directory. What
will this affect?

The nic in the docking station has a mac address which is used in part to
generate unique GUIDs. By using the same nic, you may need to disjoin some
of the pcs from the domain and delete the computer accounts. Then rejoin
them. For the most part you probably won't see problems but why not use the
laptops own nic to RIS?

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE

> I've been using the same docking station to RIS a bunch of notebooks. I
> received a message that there is GUID conflict in Active Directory. What
> will this affect?

juraj

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

All the laptops have PCMCIA NICs so I have to use the docking station. I
haven't seen any effects from duplicate GUIDs so far. I assume this would
cause a problem with pre-staging computers but I can't see anything other
issues.