Tcase=Tjunction???? No offset?? Which one do I trust?

gluchy

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Hello all.
After reading excellent guide by CompuTronix I feel that I am a little more confused, not as much by a guide, but by what various tools read. I have a ASUS P5BE with bios version 0706, E6600 at stock speed and auto voltage. My problem (or maybe not) is that Tcase is THE SAME as Tjunction.

---------------------------
TCase idle readings: PCProbe2 =44C, SpeedFan 4.32 CPU = 44C. Core Temp 0.94 Beta, Core#0=45C, Core#1=45C

TCase load readings: PCProbe2=56C, SpeedFan CPU=56, CoreTemp Core#0=58, Core#1=55.

Tjunction idle readings: SpeedFan 4.32 Core 0=44C, Core 1=45C; TAT: CPU0=45C, CPU 1= 45

Tjunction load readings: Speedfan Core0=57, Core1=56, TAT CPU0=56, CPU1=55.

Ambient = 22C
Chipset = P965
C2D = E6600
CPU Cooler = TT Big Typhoon
Frequency = 2400
Load = TAT, 10 mins @ 100%
Motherboard = P5BE
Vcore = 1.26V (set to Auto)

Is that how it is suppose to work? (I would image it should not due to different locations of the sensors). Now I was playing around with offset in SpeedFan and set it at -15. Obviously the CPU temp drop accordingly, but I am afraid it was a settings THAT I WANTED to see not actually reported correctly. Can I just assume that Tjunction is correct?

Any help appreciated.

gluchy.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Now I was playing around with offset in SpeedFan and set it at -15. Obviously the CPU temp drop accordingly, but I am afraid it was a settings THAT I WANTED to see not actually reported correctly. Can I just assume that Tjunction is correct?

Congratulations gluchy! You made the correct offset. Tcase Idle should now be 30c, and Tcase Load should now be 41c. Of course, Core Temp "Core#1 / Core#2" should be shown with TAT, as these are Tjunctions. The only curiosity is that your Delta (Idle to Load) shows much less range than the typical ~20c, meaning that your Idle temps should settle ~6c lower, considering your low Vcore. Is Idle really Idle, or are there other processes still running?

Comp 8)

gluchy

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Thanks for reply CompuTronix. I really apprieciate your sticky. Helps a lot. So I have been monitoring the idle. Every 2 minutes or so I have occasional blimp in one of the cores. We are talking 2-3% increase on load. Would that cause significant temp increase?

The delta seems to be around 10-12C. With SpeedFan offset adjusted I have following temperatures now:

Idle:
Speedfan: CPU: 28C, Core0: 43C, Core1: 42C.
TAT: CPU0: 43C, CPU1:44C.

Load (test as before)
Speedfan: CPU: 38C, Core0: 54C, Core1:53C.
TAC: CPU0: 53C, CPU1: 53C.

Is that something I should be concerned with?

gluchy.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I have occasional blimp in one of the cores. We are talking 2-3% increase on load. Would that cause significant temp increase?

No.

The delta seems to be around 10-12C. With SpeedFan offset adjusted I have following temperatures now:

Idle:
Speedfan: CPU: 28C, Core0: 43C, Core1: 42C.
TAT: CPU0: 43C, CPU1:44C.

Load (test as before)
Speedfan: CPU: 38C, Core0: 54C, Core1:53C.
TAC: CPU0: 53C, CPU1: 53C.

Is that something I should be concerned with?

Not at this point, but I would expect the Delta to increase if you increase clock & Vcore.

Hope this helps,

Comp 8)