Unattended install OEM files? Textmode.oem

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 31, 2004 3:34:49 AM

Hello
I am doing an unattended install for Windows 2003 server (cannot use imaging
for other reasons).
I am trying to incorporate 3rd Party Mass Storage drivers into the build.
I have followed the procedure listed in MS Article 816299. However this
seems to only cater for one additional driver.
There is one Textmode.oem file for each driver and the article seems to to
indicate that only one textmode.oem file should exist in $oem$\Textmode.
Does this mean I have to edit the Textmode.oem file and add each drivers
details to the one file? - there is a lot of scope for error here.
Some one must have done this before. I have six oem drivers I wish to add.
Thanks for any help offered in advance
Alice Spencer.
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 9:57:24 AM

\SUPPORT\TOOLS\DEPLOY.CAB
from the root of the 2003 cd.
this has all the info you need to fix you up.

"Alice Spencer" <nospam@hereplease.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I am doing an unattended install for Windows 2003 server (cannot use
imaging
> for other reasons).
> I am trying to incorporate 3rd Party Mass Storage drivers into the build.
> I have followed the procedure listed in MS Article 816299. However this
> seems to only cater for one additional driver.
> There is one Textmode.oem file for each driver and the article seems to to
> indicate that only one textmode.oem file should exist in $oem$\Textmode.
> Does this mean I have to edit the Textmode.oem file and add each drivers
> details to the one file? - there is a lot of scope for error here.
> Some one must have done this before. I have six oem drivers I wish to add.
> Thanks for any help offered in advance
> Alice Spencer.

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:09:07 AM

I felt that the textmode / editing answer.sif file had its limitations. Look
at the txtsetup.sif file way of getting around the problem. Worked out better
for me atleast.

A very nice site is @ msfn.org for example

!