Specifying graphics resolution with dual screen video card

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2004 3:51:43 AM

I'm building an unattended setup for machines with Intel 82915G Express
Chipset Family graphics adaptors.

They support two screens. Unfortunately, the settings I provide in my
winnt.sif file get assigned to screen 2, while screen 1 (the default for a
single screen setup) gets left with 640x480 and 256 colours.

Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround? It's not the end of the world,
but it would be nice to sort out.

Thanks

Oli
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 8, 2004 7:45:59 PM

Hi Oli,
Iam roaming around the web looking this up,
but did you try exporting the screen settings in the reg, (from working PC)
then importing them using the winnt.sif file ?

"Oli Restorick [MVP]" <oli@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o AGcJNOeEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'm building an unattended setup for machines with Intel 82915G Express
> Chipset Family graphics adaptors.
>
> They support two screens. Unfortunately, the settings I provide in my
> winnt.sif file get assigned to screen 2, while screen 1 (the default for a
> single screen setup) gets left with 640x480 and 256 colours.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround? It's not the end of the
world,
> but it would be nice to sort out.
>
> Thanks
>
> Oli

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2004 4:27:12 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ben.

Unfortunately, this is a build for a range of machines, so I cannot be sure
without some additional scripting that the card in the machine is the one
that causes the trouble. I'll look into your suggestion, though. I hadn't
thought of manipulating the registry settings, so thanks.

Oli