Migrating SBS2000 to New Server 2003

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi all,

I am due to migrate a SBS 2000 setup to a New full-blown server 2003 with Exchange2003, SQL2000, and ISA2000 on new hardware. Is there a step by step procedure one should adhere to? I am worried about the AD migration as well as the Exchange Migration.

Any tips?

Matt

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Go to microsoft.com/exchange. There are a number of migration articles
there that explain step by step. It is just a lot of clicks and a few
hours to do the AD migration.

Matt Levy <MattLevy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am due to migrate a SBS 2000 setup to a New full-blown server 2003 with Exchange2003, SQL2000, and ISA2000 on new hardware. Is there a step by step procedure one should adhere to? I am worried about the AD migration as well as the Exchange Migration.
>
>Any tips?
>
>Matt

Jim B. SBS MVP
remove the mvp to send email

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Thanks Jim,

I will check out the site now.

I am worried that the Exch2000 Database won't like to be restored into an Exch2003 Environment. Will check out the technotes tho!

Cheers

Matt