Pokemon Red question

Hello,
I know I'm way out of date here, but, I started playing the original
Pokemon Red a while back and am doing well, but I want to ask about
catching the legendary birds. How high a level should my pokemon be
before any hope of catching them? I've got 30-44 level pokemon and I
never get an attack in before Zapdos 'zaps' me. He went through every
single one of my pokemon about four times in a row before I gave up and
moved on.
Still, I would like to catch them if possible. I've read that its best
to try and put him to sleep, but, I never get the chance! Do I just
need to be higher level? I am about to get the last badge (I think) and
then on to the last battles. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, my
little nephew has started playing Yellow and we are both enjoying it too.

Scott
3 answers Last reply
More about pokemon question

    Astronomer Smith <astronomersmith@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Hello,
    > I know I'm way out of date here, but, I started playing the
    original
    > Pokemon Red a while back and am doing well, but I want to ask about
    > catching the legendary birds. How high a level should my pokemon be
    > before any hope of catching them? I've got 30-44 level pokemon and I
    > never get an attack in before Zapdos 'zaps' me. He went through every
    > single one of my pokemon about four times in a row before I gave up and
    > moved on.
    > Still, I would like to catch them if possible. I've read that its
    best
    > to try and put him to sleep, but, I never get the chance! Do I just
    > need to be higher level? I am about to get the last badge (I think)
    and
    > then on to the last battles. Any advice would be appreciated. Also,
    my
    > little nephew has started playing Yellow and we are both enjoying it
    too.

    What pokemon do you have in your party? To avoid your pokemon seeing
    stars,(oh come on it was just a little joke,) you might be better off
    waiting till you've done the pokemon league challenge, usually having
    pokemon above level 50 is a good idea.
    You did remember not to save the game after you've fought the legendry
    birds didn't you? You only get one crack at them so if you faint or they
    faint thats it.
    Ted
    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.

    Hi Scott

    "Astronomer Smith" <astronomersmith@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I know I'm way out of date here, but, I started playing the original
    > Pokemon Red a while back and am doing well, but I want to ask about
    > catching the legendary birds. How high a level should my pokemon be
    > before any hope of catching them?

    You should have a level of about 50 to 60 to defeat them. Also, the best
    thing to catch them is to use either Ultra balls or one Master Ball.

    I've got 30-44 level pokemon and I
    > never get an attack in before Zapdos 'zaps' me. He went through every
    > single one of my pokemon about four times in a row before I gave up and
    > moved on.
    > Still, I would like to catch them if possible. I've read that its best to
    > try and put him to sleep, but, I never get the chance!

    Keep working on your defence and you might just get all three.

    Hope that helps

    Jack (Age 7)

    weirdwolf wrote:

    > What pokemon do you have in your party? To avoid your pokemon seeing
    > stars,(oh come on it was just a little joke,) you might be better off
    > waiting till you've done the pokemon league challenge, usually having
    > pokemon above level 50 is a good idea.
    > You did remember not to save the game after you've fought the legendry
    > birds didn't you? You only get one crack at them so if you faint or they
    > faint thats it.
    > Ted

    Hello. My 'best' pokemon are Wartortle 44, Beedrill 42, Pikachu, 41,
    Tentacool 40, Kadabra 41, Gyrados 40, Dugtrio 38, and many others in the
    30-40 range. Oh, I got the joke and even grinned at it!
    Yes, I cheated and read parts of a walkthrough, so I am aware of the
    saving trick. I hope I haven't lost my crack at Zapdos, because I did
    turn the GBA off after losing the last time. All the walkthrough said
    was to put the birds to sleep...well, easier said than done! Especially
    since my only pokemon that can do sleep attacks are level 35 and less.
    I've got a jigglypuff, oddish, gloom and butterfree that I can remember.

Nintendo Video Games