Small Form Factor Gaming Build! Suggest Away!

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Greetings again all,

I'm just looking for some feedback on the below build. I've already ordered the parts and I know a few may not agree on some, but I'd appreciate a few comments.

SFF Gaming Build:
Case - Silverstone Sugo SG01
PSU- Hiper 580w Moduler (May not be enough for the 8800GTS, but we'll see..the EVGA requires 26amps combined and the Hiper puts out 30A...so it should be just fine)
CPU - C2D e6600 (I plan on OC'ing a bit)
Memory - 2 x 1gb G.Skill DDR2 800 (6400) ram
Hard Drives - 2 x Western Digital Cavier SE16 250g drives in Raid 0 (I had a Raptor in the build, but wanted a quiter solution.)
Video Card - EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb KO
Motherboard - Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD mATX
CPU Cooler - Silverstone NT06 Passive cooling (cooled by 120mm PSU fan)
DVD/RW - Samsung
OS - Windows Vista 32bit version
Monitor - NEC MultiSync 20WMGX2 20.1-inch LCD Display/ Widescreen (My big spulrge on this build. I've wanted a good monitor for a looooong time now and this baby rocks!!)

Depending on how I like the onboard audio, I may or may not upgrade later on to an X-FI. I also plan on upgrading to 4gigs of ram.

So what do you all think? I'm sticking with a single card solution from here on out. My previous system was decked out with SLI and I was just never really impressed. I think I would prefer to just upgrade the Vid Card when needed.

Thanks for your thoughts all!

Jie

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks mpilchfamily. I certainly appreciate your advice. I had already ordered the Hiper and being as anxious as I am, decided to try it out first before sending it back. I know I'm pushing it a bit with amps, but figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot for a bit. Although if my Mobo does not arrive before Saturday I'm going to return it for a beefier PSU. Yes, the Sugo can handle full ATX PSUs. You just need to be careful of the length of the DVD/CD Drive and PSU.

What do you think of the build besides the PSU?

I noticed the new Enermaxs aren't on your list. I see they are pretty pricey, but do you have an opinion on them at all? I think I read that the Infinity 620w has a combined 50 Amps.

Thanks again!