Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hi all, I've searched all over the internet the past 6 months or so and I haven't found a case that I would actually want, few have caught my eye, though they didn't really appeal.

I will be running a Conroe set-up with a Thermalright SI-128 heatsink. Also it will contain a ATI X1950PRO video card. I will have a few other fans (excluding case fans) to help keep my system running cool, ex: pci fan/5.25 fan. Oh and multifunction panels. So as you can see space is very critical, I however do not wish to have horrible case cooling either. I believe two 120mm fans will work just fine (I could be wrong). The case doesn't have to come with the fans I already have them. Tooless installation is always good, and a removable motherboard tray would be top notch! It must have a support for th PSU (the beam that goes from the back of the case to the front that supports the PSU from falling) My friends psu actually fell off his support (very tiny support) and broke his VD card and Heatsink.

I also like a clean looking case so does anyone have any recommendations on what to do about with wire sleeving? I do not have the tools to take the mullex connectors and etc... off the wire, nor do I wish to do it either. I have heard about some heat shrink sleeving but I'm not sure if they will be too smart. I would prefer something that will just stretch over the connectors and fit onto my wires.

Thank you beforehand

Seifer :D

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Check out the Lian Li cases. Simple clean design, excellent cooling and efficient use of space. Study them carefully as some of their models put the PS in the way of large HSFs. I like their removable mobo trays and easy PS access. Excellent quality for a fair price.

Hi all, I've searched all over the internet the past 6 months or so and I haven't found a case that I would actually want, few have caught my eye, though they didn't really appeal.

I will be running a Conroe set-up with a Thermalright SI-128 heatsink. Also it will contain a ATI X1950PRO video card. I will have a few other fans (excluding case fans) to help keep my system running cool, ex: pci fan/5.25 fan. Oh and multifunction panels. So as you can see space is very critical, I however do not wish to have horrible case cooling either. I believe two 120mm fans will work just fine (I could be wrong). The case doesn't have to come with the fans I already have them. Tooless installation is always good, and a removable motherboard tray would be top notch! It must have a support for th PSU (the beam that goes from the back of the case to the front that supports the PSU from falling) My friends psu actually fell off his support (very tiny support) and broke his VD card and Heatsink.

I also like a clean looking case so does anyone have any recommendations on what to do about with wire sleeving? I do not have the tools to take the mullex connectors and etc... off the wire, nor do I wish to do it either. I have heard about some heat shrink sleeving but I'm not sure if they will be too smart. I would prefer something that will just stretch over the connectors and fit onto my wires.

Thank you beforehand

Seifer :D

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
Dont know how much you want to spend but Antec cases have a nice plain look and quality.
As for fans , my stacker 831 has 4 12cm installed and still hot as hell in there. :?

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Hey, check out this case!!!

It was just given a 10 out of 10 from Maximum PC and their kick ass award! You can get this case off of Newegg for 159.99. Its a full tower plus 10%. I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

merc14

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
The Lian Li G70s are excellent, although large. Lot's of room for growth all the way up through watercooling and dual PSUs.

If you purchase a PSU from www.performance-pcs.com they offer cable sleeving (for all items, not just PSU's) and you can select whatever color you wish. They charge a fee for this, but I can tell you its worth it. I bought all the speacial tools, flex sleeves, and shrink wrap myself and spent HOURS sleeving my PSU. In the end it cost me more than whay they would have charged me and they probably do a better job. You could also purchase a pre-sleeved PSU.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Ok, I have posted before and I said to look at the Gigbyte's thermal solutions, chassis, and look at their 3D Arua 570. It is $150 on newegg and it is a full tower. 100% aluminum and it comes with eiter a clear side window or a metal mesh side depending on what type of air flow you want.

Check out these links!

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Chassis/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2322

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233012

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233013

I really like this case, and I highly recomend this.

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I could see that on my computer desk that is sweet!!! Only other question I got for you about the case. Is the doors sturdy, is it easy to ding and scratch?

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Yes sir! The door is very sturdy! I am also a little concerned with the case being scratched because it is the brushed aluminum, then painted. So I would opt for the silver case. That way it it does get scratched, then you wont notice it as much.

There have been some complaints that the 3 120mm fans that it comes with are a little weak. The fans are designed for silent operation and they still keep it cool.

The only real problem i can see with this case is that the door does not seem like it is reversible. But that is a minor issue... wait... no its not an issue.

You can not beat it. Hell, like i said before, it got a 10 out of 10 from Maximum PC and their Kick Ass Award! Precut holes for water cooling, 10% larger then normal full tower (designed for the 12.5" video cards in mind), 100% aluminum, a tool less design, and it has anti vibration mounts to cut down on even more unnecessary noise. If anyone can find a better looking case that has more to offer for the same price, bring it on!

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
That is a very nice case. If I was looking for a mid tower I would defiantly be considering that one. I do think that they went a bit overboard with the logos for Fatal1ty and Zalman. Also, it has 2 80mm, they have to spin faster to push the same amount of air which = more noise (from my experience). But that is one sexy case. Either way, I think Seifer will get the ultimate case for his needs.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
That is a very nice case. If I was looking for a mid tower I would defiantly be considering that one. I do think that they went a bit overboard with the logos for Fatal1ty and Zalman. Also, it has 2 80mm, they have to spin faster to push the same amount of air which = more noise (from my experience). But that is one sexy case. Either way, I think Seifer will get the ultimate case for his needs.
Well, if you like blowing $350 on a case, yeah, it is good.

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Lian-Li PC-7B or PC-7A (silver and black), $89 at newegg. I love mine.

Oh my some people just can't figure out what "MUST BE A FULL TOWER" means.

BTW I considered the NZXT Zero its got no window, and it really doesn't even cool your stuff off as good as its suppost to...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
If you want a good case for low price then get them CoolerMaster Centurions. It has a small side fan intake. But if you don't mind, you can do a little mod and install a 120mm fan on the side panel for cool air intake, and this helps cool things really well inside the case.

CoolerMaster Centurion Cases

You can easily find them at Newegg and TigerDirect.

TRENDING THREADS