DIY Liquid Cooling

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I am going to go DIY on a water cooling setup for my rig. I have a 5200+ @3.GHz so I need a high performance system, and 2GB DDR2 800 @ 940MHz. My VGA is a X1950XT.

What I want to know is what is the best stuff?
What is the absolute best, no holds barred, top performing CPU water block?
What is the absolute best, no holds barred, top performing GPU water block?
What is the absolute best, no holds barred, top performing radiator?

The loop will consist of a CPU block, two Koolance RAM coolers, a GPU block, a radiator, and a resivoir. The tubing length will be considerable because I am going to run the tubing out the little vent in the front of my ASUS 300 case and in through the other one. Both lengths will stretch all the way to the back where the radiator will be.

Also, any suggestions on where to put the resevoir? I am getting one of those cyllindrical ones. I want it to look cool.

I have an ASUS Crosshair mobo.

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
assuming u want simple answers...just follow the tubing...the SUPPPLY goes into the the cpu and 2 lines come out. Lines also goto an additional mixing block to maximize heat transfer with the gpu cooling unit.

i better not see any flamers like stefx or zenmaster .

korbin44

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
I personally use the Swiftech Apogee GT. It has received excellent reviews and is one of the best CPU waterblocks available.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
assuming u want simple answers...just follow the tubing...the SUPPPLY goes into the the cpu and 2 lines come out. Lines also goto an additional mixing block to maximize heat transfer with the gpu cooling unit.

i better not see any flamers like stefx or zenmaster .

HAHAHAHAHAHA