Problems with a8v-vm se

Micah571

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
man im thinkin purchasing better mobo would have been the way to go.

we here are the problems:
i've been playing oblibion and have lots of problems with it crashing all the time. sometimes the sound will just do a really fast broken record effect and then shut off all together. then when i quit the game, the realtek hd driver alerts me and says the the jack is unplugged, except for the fact that it IS plugged in. (im using the on board sound)
thats not the end of it, GRAW wont work very well and the guy talking at the beging of the jump, im not hearing him at all then the game crashes.
i have an 8800 gts with the newest drivers, as well as the newest drivers for the onboard sound
please help!

---
AMD Athon 64 3400+ - Asus A8V-VM se Mobo - 1GB WINTEC AMPO pc3200 - Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB - OCZ 600W game extreme PSU

NoClue

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Your issues could be due to several things. Is it only in this game that you have these problems? Have attempted a clean reinstall of Oblivion?

It could be your RAM is faulty. I suggest doing a Memtest86+.

Also, what driver do you have installed on your GTS? People are having all kinds of issues with Nvidia's latest drivers, causing many of the same problems you are having.

JakFlaUsa

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Not to get off track but i just bought the same mb. I was wonderiing if you get the memclock option in bios. I cant seem to up the fsb on my board because i dont have the memclock option available.

NoClue

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Micah - What power supply unit do you have? Sometimes issues can be directly related to your power supply. Also, I strongly suggest getting another gig of RAM.

Again, even with the newest Nvidia drivers, people are experiencing many issues with their 8800s. Also, do yourself a favor and do a Memtest because faulty RAM can cause numerous headaches.

JakFlaUsa - Are you attempting serious overclocking with this board? It is not one that oc's that well. I know several people over at PC Perspective forums www.pcper.com who use these motherboards and absolutely love them for their ability and longevity. If you can't get the answers you are looking for here, I suggest signing up over there and post your questions under the ASUS boards. It is a very helpful place.

Hope this will help.

swouity

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
Hi everybody,
by the way i have the same mobo and i am planning to buy a 8800 gts 320 or 640 (i am going to replace the mobo/CPU next year but i need a good GPU now).
Can anyone who has a asus a8v-vm (se or not) with a 8800 gts tell me the brand of his card? I tried a twintech but it seemed not compatible.