Sign in with
Your question

Powerdvd 9 windows 7 blue ray

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2009 3:33:58 AM

Hi, I'm using a trial version from PowerDVD 9. On Blue Ray disks (only) I don't get the chapter information displayed, allowing me to choose the required movie or chapter, nor do I have subtitles displayed. Sometimes it's displaying a glimps of them indicating where they should be on the screen but not solid allowing you to make your selection. Sound and video are ok. using nvidia 9600m on Vaio. anybody ?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 28, 2009 8:13:18 AM

Is there a settings menu in powerdvd? If memory serves me correctly, you can change the opacity, time length that the chapter displays are shown, etc... in the settings. My guess is that there are different settings for blu-ray discs and standard dvds.
m
l
January 14, 2010 10:55:42 PM

i am having the same problem. ive run power dvd with no subtitle problems on xp 32, vista 32/64 as well as windows7 32. it is the 64 bit version of windows 7 that is giving this compatibility.

im reinstalling the newest version of windows 7 64 as we speak and will retest it.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2010 11:08:00 PM

When using Cyberlink Power DVD 9 to play Blue Ray disks, the mouse is disabled or at least the mouse is not usable. Use the keyboard arrows to move within the menue interface. Chapters are available for viewing this way. I use the software to play Blue ray disks only. I have recently loaded up Power DVd Blue Ray 9 Ultimate, but I haven't had time to check it out much so far.
m
l
!