Sysprep not installing drivers???

I am new to sysprep, and I am haivng a heck of a time getting any drivers to
load. I have a Dell GX270 which I have installed Win2K, but no drivers. I
then use setupmgr to create the sysprep.inf file. I import the drivers for
this particular model (until I get the process down, then I will expand to
other models).

So far, it appears that the setup.inf is being read as the mini-setup is
automated and performs as expected. However, the part that is messing me up
is that the drivers are not being installed. Any ideas on what my problem
is?

I have created the following directory structure:
c:\sysprep
c:\sysprep\drivers
c:\sysprep\drivers\audio
c:\sysprep\drivers\video
c:\sysprep\drivers\chipset

My setup.inf reads as follows:
;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]

OemPnPDriversPath=sysprep\drivers;sysprep\drivers\audio;sysprep\drivers\vide
o;sysprep\drivers\chipset
InstallFilesPath=c:\sysprep\i386
OemSkipEula=Yes

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=***
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=2
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4

[UserData]
FullName="***"
OrgName="***"

[Display]
BitsPerPel=16
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768
Vrefresh=75

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
Language=00000409

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
2 answers Last reply
More about sysprep installing drivers

    Do you have unsigned drivers?

    Then you need to set DriverSigningPolicy to ignore

    Unsigned Drivers Not Installed During Sysprep Mini-Wizard Without
    "-pnp" Switch
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;256204

    regards
    Johan Arwidmark

    Windows User Group - Nordic
    http://www.wug-nordic.net

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:08:15 -0700, "Richard Perry"
    <newsgroups@perrysonline.net.no.spam> wrote:

    >I am new to sysprep, and I am haivng a heck of a time getting any drivers to
    >load. I have a Dell GX270 which I have installed Win2K, but no drivers. I
    >then use setupmgr to create the sysprep.inf file. I import the drivers for
    >this particular model (until I get the process down, then I will expand to
    >other models).
    >
    >So far, it appears that the setup.inf is being read as the mini-setup is
    >automated and performs as expected. However, the part that is messing me up
    >is that the drivers are not being installed. Any ideas on what my problem
    >is?
    >
    >I have created the following directory structure:
    >c:\sysprep
    >c:\sysprep\drivers
    >c:\sysprep\drivers\audio
    >c:\sysprep\drivers\video
    >c:\sysprep\drivers\chipset
    >
    >My setup.inf reads as follows:
    >;SetupMgrTag
    >[Unattended]
    >
    >OemPnPDriversPath=sysprep\drivers;sysprep\drivers\audio;sysprep\drivers\vide
    >o;sysprep\drivers\chipset
    > InstallFilesPath=c:\sysprep\i386
    > OemSkipEula=Yes
    >
    >[GuiUnattended]
    > AdminPassword=***
    > AutoLogon=Yes
    > AutoLogonCount=2
    > OEMSkipRegional=1
    > TimeZone=4
    >
    >[UserData]
    > FullName="***"
    > OrgName="***"
    >
    >[Display]
    > BitsPerPel=16
    > Xresolution=1024
    > YResolution=768
    > Vrefresh=75
    >
    >[RegionalSettings]
    > LanguageGroup=1
    > Language=00000409
    >
    >[Identification]
    > JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
    >
    >[Networking]
    > InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

    I am sure that these drivers are signed, but even if they aren't, I tried
    the DriverSigningPolicy without it working either.

    I even tried several different times the /pnp switch. All to no avail.

    I am almost certain that the problem lies either in my directory structure,
    or in the inf file, but I just don't have the knowledge to know if my hunch
    is right. Meanwhile, I continue to try every configuration possibility that
    I can think of.

    Richard

Drivers Microsoft Windows