Terminal services on a domain controller

I know it is "not recommended" to install terminal
services in application mode on a domain controller but I
often find this setup in small businesses. I have also
found a KB article with instructions on how to make this
setup work. (I have never set up such a configuration
myself.) Is there an official Microsoft position on this?
I'm asking because in a recent legal dispute an expert
testified against me that 'Microsoft says that this
configuration causes data corruption'
1 answer Last reply
More about terminal services domain controller

    It doesn't cause data corruption, just a huge security hole. You're allowing
    your users to log on locally to a dc...

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I know it is "not recommended" to install terminal
    > services in application mode on a domain controller but I
    > often find this setup in small businesses. I have also
    > found a KB article with instructions on how to make this
    > setup work. (I have never set up such a configuration
    > myself.) Is there an official Microsoft position on this?
    > I'm asking because in a recent legal dispute an expert
    > testified against me that 'Microsoft says that this
    > configuration causes data corruption'

Terminal Configuration Microsoft Domain Controller Windows