Terminal services on a domain controller

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 20, 2004 2:23:58 PM

I know it is "not recommended" to install terminal
services in application mode on a domain controller but I
often find this setup in small businesses. I have also
found a KB article with instructions on how to make this
setup work. (I have never set up such a configuration
myself.) Is there an official Microsoft position on this?
I'm asking because in a recent legal dispute an expert
testified against me that 'Microsoft says that this
configuration causes data corruption'
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:22:16 PM

It doesn't cause data corruption, just a huge security hole. You're allowing
your users to log on locally to a dc...

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us