disk consistency after install deleted all my data, please..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 23, 2004 4:13:11 AM

Hello, I installed windows 2000 from a windows xp machine. after i
installed, windows said it needed to check my disk (my second hard drive)
for constistency and then it proceeded to delete a ton of my data. Now that
windows has started, most of my data is gone! Is there any way I can get it
back and why did it suddenly do this? Please help me, I need some of that
data. This happened once before when I had windows xp installed, but the
damage was not noticeable.

Andrew Smith
August 23, 2004 3:15:38 PM

I'd buy a copy of Ontrack Easy Recovery Professional, which can scan the
hard disk, and restore the files!
--
Ben

IT Professional, MCP 70-210
"On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

news:o oMYCeMiEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...