disk consistency after install deleted all my data, please..

Hello, I installed windows 2000 from a windows xp machine. after i
installed, windows said it needed to check my disk (my second hard drive)
for constistency and then it proceeded to delete a ton of my data. Now that
windows has started, most of my data is gone! Is there any way I can get it
back and why did it suddenly do this? Please help me, I need some of that
data. This happened once before when I had windows xp installed, but the
damage was not noticeable.

Andrew Smith
1 answer Last reply
More about disk consistency install deleted data please

    I'd buy a copy of Ontrack Easy Recovery Professional, which can scan the
    hard disk, and restore the files!
    --
    Ben

    IT Professional, MCP 70-210
    "On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"

    "Andrew Smith" <jim@ascnetsolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I installed windows 2000 from a windows xp machine. after i
    > installed, windows said it needed to check my disk (my second hard drive)
    > for constistency and then it proceeded to delete a ton of my data. Now
    that
    > windows has started, most of my data is gone! Is there any way I can get
    it
    > back and why did it suddenly do this? Please help me, I need some of that
    > data. This happened once before when I had windows xp installed, but the
    > damage was not noticeable.
    >
    > Andrew Smith

Windows XP Windows