narri

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
i am working in small company witch is having about 20 to 30 systems,4 switches,one DSL router for internet
i have problem with network copying and speed issues, when i am trying to copy any thing threw network.for 2 mb also it is showing 20 to 30 min and when i am accessing any system threw network it is hanging for 10 to 15 min and its gets working when i will discard the network.i am here seeing continuous lights for LAN in taskbar.and i scanned the system with various anti-virus tools but i can't found any virus or trojan..

DeadFire

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
You switches are probably having a looping problem. So you may want to rethink your topology, or get switches that do STP or make some VLANs. Either will work, just ask your IT, unless you are the IT.

lotussama

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
You switches are probably having a looping problem. So you may want to rethink your topology, or get switches that do STP or make some VLANs. Either will work, just ask your IT, unless you are the IT.

I concur, definitely sounds like a loop. I vote for the topology-rethink. :)

aias

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Are the systems/PCs having the same problem?
How is the connection (speed and copying) if the PC/s is connected to the dsl router?

If all systems/Pcs are having the same problem if connected to the switch, check also if you will have the same problem on your dsl router.
If you have the same problem on your dsl router check if there's a need for a firmware upgrade or to open port/s.