New LAN connection on Laptop

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hello!
I have to configure network connections on a quite old laptop. (64M RAM,
400Mhz proc.)
I go to network connections and click:
Create a new connection /
connect to the internet /
set up my connection manually /
connect using a broadban connection that is always on
(so the usual process)

Then it says: "Your broadband connection should already be configured and
ready to use. If your connection is not working properly, click the
following link."

But "my connection" doesn't work improperly, it simply doesn't yet exist!

Maybe this matters: originally there was a Swedish XP on the computer, and
there was an ADSL connection installed. I deleted that because I thought
then XP would let me create a new LAN connection. Then it said the same
thing in Swedish ("It should be configured and ready to use, blah-blah...")
I installed an English WinXP over it (no dual boot), and now I'm trying to
tweak with that.

Has somebody got an idea about this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Agoston,

Try

control panel > internet properties > connection >

what does it say to use?

What does "local area network" settings say?

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc