Linoone is about to make anime apearance in Japan!

If you didn't know, Linoone is coming really soon in Japan, in a
episode, that will come after beating the final gym in Houen (they're
in two parts just like the Kyogre and Groudon episodes) well, what do
you say? Is someone happy about it like I am!

Adrian Tymes wrote:
> Error: Turing Test violation detected. Analyzing...
>
> Conjecture: advanced AI capable of mimicking low-grade fan. Classify
as
> "chatbot", conditional "possible/unproven".
>
> Reccomendation if confirmed: continue conversation or not, depending
on
> individual goals. Some derive small amounts of enjoyment-goal from
> conversing with chatbots, others derive none.
I think you're in a wrong thread!

Error: Turing Test violation detected. Analyzing...

Conjecture: advanced AI capable of mimicking low-grade fan. Classify as
"chatbot", conditional "possible/unproven".

Reccomendation if confirmed: continue conversation or not, depending on
individual goals. Some derive small amounts of enjoyment-goal from
conversing with chatbots, others derive none.

No one cares about Linoone because it is Linoone you Blaziken freak!!!

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> I think you're in a wrong thread!

No, I was reacting to your repeating the exact same question, when the
answer to your repeated "why"s - which someone else has posted - was
obvious to most people (at least, most of those who have written in the
thread). That is one of the behaviors displayed by chatbots.

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> Why is that?

I guess few people in this newsgroup find Linoone particularly exciting.
It is a Normal-type that isn't all that attractive or powerful. It
doesn't have quite the appeal of, say, Pikachu, Blaziken or Mewtwo.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

But most of the trainers I battled on NetBattle and in the games has a
Linoone, I don't get why they aren't interested....

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> The Blaziken Master wrote:
>> I think you're in a wrong thread!
>
> No, I was reacting to your repeating the exact same question, when the
> answer to your repeated "why"s - which someone else has posted - was
> obvious to most people (at least, most of those who have written in the
> thread). That is one of the behaviors displayed by chatbots.

Nahh...just a dumb pre-teen

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> But most of the trainers I battled on NetBattle and in the games has a
> Linoone, I don't get why they aren't interested....

They're like raticate. Sure, the "common" trainer will have them.
Actual human players, unlike the characters in the games, will rarely
settly for weak common stuff. To pull numbers out of thin air, would
you settle for a base Attack of 85 if you could have a base Attack of
120, without sacrificing anything else? Neither would anyone else.

The computer-controlled characters are different. They don't actually
have ambitions; they're there for you to fight. And, hopefully, defeat.
Which means the people who program them give them
less-than-the-strongest pokemon.

Remember that all the pokemon in the game are available to any human
player. (Within limits; e.g., Mew is hard to come by.) Why should
human players settle for the weak when they can have the strong?
(People may disagree in many cases about whether a given pokemon is
weak or strong. Even magikarp, that weakest of all pokemon, can be of
interest since it evolvest into the somewhat strong gyarados. But
linoone, almost everyone agrees is weak, with no way to make it strong
or interesting.)

Chet Weaver - Wishing You a Very Happy Non-Demoninational Winter Season wrote:

> The Blaziken Master wrote:
> > Why is that?
> >
> I guess few people in this newsgroup find Linoone particularly exciting.
> It is a Normal-type that isn't all that attractive or powerful. It
> doesn't have quite the appeal of, say, Pikachu, Blaziken or Mewtwo.

The only thing it has going for it is Pickup, and it can act as a swiss army
knife for travelling(Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength) It can also learn Covet
on its own and that makes it useful for item hunting