RIS installation and Marvell Yukon Ethernetcontroller

I tried to install via RIS WinXP on a Motherboard with a Marvell Yukon
Gigabit ON Board Ethernet controller for the first time. I copied yk51x86.sys
and yk51x86.inf to the i386 Directory with the result

"The operating system image you selected does not contain
the necessary drivers for your network adapter."

I have had this problem several month ago with another Gigabit
Ethernetcontroller
( Broadcom if I remember right). There the reason was a known Problem with the
[Manufacturer] section of the .inf File (KB 823658). I have gotten a hotfix
for this problem from MS, which solved the problem at that time.

Is there a solution for the Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernetcontroller?

Thanks in advance!

Remember that you need to add the $oem$ folder to your cd-based image. It
goes to the same folder level as the i386 folder and the drivers go into
both folders. *.pnf files may need to be removed if you are overwriting
current file versions.

My site has fairly granular instructions to supplement MS's:

How to Add a Third-Party OEM Network Adapter to an RIS Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315279

http://www.mvps.org/serverstuff/

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE

"NIC Student" wrote:

> Remember that you need to add the $oem$ folder to your cd-based image. It
> goes to the same folder level as the i386 folder and the drivers go into
> both folders. *.pnf files may need to be removed if you are overwriting
> current file versions.
>
> My site has fairly granular instructions to supplement MS's:
>
> How to Add a Third-Party OEM Network Adapter to an RIS Installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315279
>
> http://www.mvps.org/serverstuff/
>
> --
> Scott Baldridg
> Windows Server MVP, MCSE

Hello Scott,

thank you very much for your answere. After putting yk51x86.sys
and yk51x86.inf into $OEM$... the Yukon Ethernetcontroller was detected
after switching vom PXE to SMB.
What I don't understand is, why you have to put the drivers in i368 a n d
$OEM$...

Thanks a lot for help

EDVPC2