Sysprep and Joining Domain

I have a problem that I am ghosting a lab of computers and am using
sysprep to supply information to the mini setup. Once the setup has
completed, the system reboots and comes up in windows 2000. At this
point the system is joined to the domain. The system reboots again to
finish setup and when it comes up the second time it is no longer
joined to the domain.

When it come up the second time the name of the domain is specified
under the workgroup box instead of the domain box.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about sysprep joining domain

    How many times has this image been joined to the domain?
    *
    William Effinger
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    **

    It is joined every time I reghost the lab. Could be reghosted every day.

    a-weffin@microsoft.com (William Effinger) wrote in message news:<zVEqPrMnEHA.3312@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl>...
    > How many times has this image been joined to the domain?
    > *
    > William Effinger
    > Microsoft Server Setup Team
    >
    > Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    > Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    > See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/
    >
    > NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    > others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    > more timely response. Thank you!
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    > implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    > merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    > The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    > not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    > Microsoft.
    > **

    Try this make a fresh image from cd do not join it to the domain then
    sysprep it and during the sysprep process have it join the domain see if
    that works. I am guessing that this image you are useing has already been
    joined to the domain and you re syspreped it.
    *
[...]

Domain Windows 2000 Microsoft Computers Windows