LIan Li BS-01 Blower Fan Useful?

reddevil0728

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
b_blower_bs-01.gif

http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Accessories/Other_Blower_fan.htm

Will this Lian-Li accessories help in drawing out excess hot air from those expansion card in my casing? I only got a graphics card there, so would like to know if it is worth it to burn the fan so it can directly draw out the hot air of the graphics card when the heat is removed by its own HSF?
IMG_0277-1.jpg

The red circle is where the blower would be placed. VF900CU is installed.

tgstyle

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
I have one inside my PC-V1000 case it works great to keep cards a little cooler. Also it helps with airflow in the upper half of the case where there is none.

reddevil0728

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I have one inside my PC-V1000 case it works great to keep cards a little cooler. Also it helps with airflow in the upper half of the case where there is none.
I am using PC7+ so the fan will be mounted at the bot

BoxCarRacer

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Your Zalman fan blows air onto its heatsink, it does not draw air away from it. My friend has done similar things and actually created a vacuum of air depriving the video card of necessary cooling. So much so that it overheated and almost fried.....

So no, it wouldn't help.
[edit]
I mean MAYBE since its not directly against the heatsink but I'm just not positive it would improve things.
[/edit]

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
Ok to show you guys how it's done once for all time!

I always said that zalman is a waste of money!

This is much cheaper and keeps my oced x800xt (560/590) at 40C.
Zalman cant even touch this.

And this way you also blow the hot air from your case!

Ultimate air cooling

reddevil0728

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
Your Zalman fan blows air onto its heatsink, it does not draw air away from it. My friend has done similar things and actually created a vacuum of air depriving the video card of necessary cooling. So much so that it overheated and almost fried.....

So no, it wouldn't help.
[edit]
I mean MAYBE since its not directly against the heatsink but I'm just not positive it would improve things.
[/edit]
So i guess i should buy it then..