moving wins databases

jeff

I need to move ad, dns, wins & dhcp from one serverA to serverB.

I've made server b a domain controller, now i'm researching moving
wins.

I've seen a rather complicated article on how to move the database
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300473), but wouldn't it be easier
simply to make serverB a push/pull replication partner, and then just
stop the wins service on serverA?

Any other hints appreciated, also.

Thanks,

Jeff

On 24 Sep 2004 13:35:36 -0700, smaug9@gmail.com (jeff) wrote:

>I need to move ad, dns, wins & dhcp from one serverA to serverB.
>
>I've made server b a domain controller, now i'm researching moving
>wins.
>
>I've seen a rather complicated article on how to move the database
>(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300473), but wouldn't it be easier
>simply to make serverB a push/pull replication partner, and then just
>stop the wins service on serverA?

Hi Jeff,

I think that if you make serverB a "backup domain controller", you
will get all that you desire automatically. Once it has all it's
"stuff" in place, take serverA offline and convert serverB to being
the primary domain controller.

I have to follow this by saying that I am still learning and I welcome
any corrections to my thoughts on this matter.

Dennis C.