Razer Barracuda AC-1 does not detect 5 speakers with window 7!

instinctlol

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
So every since I switched from window xp to window 7, my razer barracuda sound card driver does not detect 5.1 speakers. The option to change the DB for each speakers is not there anymore. Is this because the driver for window 7 is not out? Or is it window 7 in general and I need to change some settings. Please let me know what it is! :]

instinctlol

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Yes I have, its set to 5.1 atm. When I click the speaker test for each speaker, i can hear them all. Except on the Razer driver, it does play any sound when i click on the speakers. Also, when I play music, I only hear from the 2 front speakers.

Gotcha. I take it that the there isn't a W7 driver out for the card yet? What driver are you using? The one windows pre-installed or one that you downloaded? If it is a pre-installed driver, go to their site and see if a Vista driver fixes the issue. If not, maybe contacting the manufacturer's support service can heed you some results, as they may have a work around.

That's not good. I do understand your frustration though. They may be having issues coming up with a working driver or worst case scenario, they aren't going to make one for it. I'm not familiar with Razr, otherwise I would suggest maybe using a similar devices' W7 driver, as that sometimes will do the job (usually printers in my experience). I guess your best bet is to get in touch with them and get the scoop. Either that or treat yourself to a new sound card. Cyber Monday is just around the corner.

gravymakr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I was just looking for updates for this driver as well. I believe I saw a week or 2 ago that Razer should have a WIN 7 Driver released on Nov 30. (I could be wrong) so hopefully that cures our woes. I have currently been floating back and forth between the Vista 64 driver and the xp driver with different ranges of success on both (win 7 Ult 64 bit)

gravymakr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

I'm pretty sure I saw on the Razer site that the win 7 drivers for barracuda will be released on Nov 30. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

gravymakr

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Yes, on the site. I saw it about 2 weeks ago. Looking again it looks like its been pushed back now because it used to have a date beside it an I'm pretty sure it was tomorrow.
Sorry for the false hope.

mikey33_77

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009

Ijust talked to razersupport as I was having problems with my surround speakers not testing properly. the guy told me that they have a windows 7 driver in the works and he said sometime soon. Just thought you might want to know.

mikey33_77

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009

Just talked to RAzer support and there is a Windows 7 driver in the works he just didn't know when for sure. I have 64 bit version and the surround settings when tested have the speaker output jumping all over the place center is right left is center etc. Lets hope they get it right.

JSavi

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Hey guys !

My brother is also having problems with Razer barracuda AC-1 soundcard and windows 7 OS (32 bit).
He says there are less options to change while using the driver.. (can't do APPLY, 'cause it's not shown)
Any other news at fixing the problem?
I don't like contacting the manufacturers, so please help me/us!

Thank you!
A hungarian