Bluetooth V2.0 Speeds

dimoes

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Hey, I wanted to start a thread on this issue cause i seem to be having lots of problems with acheiving BT v2.0 speeds.

I have bought a MSI BToes v2.0 + EDR adapter for my Windows XP laptop and a really cheap generic no name Bluetooth V2.0 for my Suse Linux 10 Desktop Computer.

I have the latest and unrestricted Bluesoilel software package installed on my Windows XP machine, and all the software updates for my Suse linux machine.

However, the best speeds I can achieve with this setup is 65-96kB/sec

I was under the impression that bluetooth V2.0 is suppose to have theoretical speeds of 2.1Mb/s which should be something like 262.5KB/sec...right???

I really don't think the problem is from my windows xp machine since it uses the MSI technology, and has the unrestricted bluesoliel software.

Could it be a problem with Suse 10 bluetooth (BlueZ???) software or that possibly my generic bluetooth adapter is the problem???

Thanks in advance for any help :D :D

The-Pizzaboy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
The low speed could indicate a problem with your USB-port, or in fact that you're too far away from the AP that you're connected to.
And yes, a 2.1 Mbps connection should download things at a speed of 265 Kbps. :wink:

Otherwise, try and see if you can get a new Bluetooth device.

I'm glad to be helping you. 8)