Gforce 7950GT nitemare!

shawty_82

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my Gainward 7950GT PCX graphics card. Basically, I've had it for a couple of months, have not overclocked it at all (I really wouldn't have the first clue how), but I'm getting a problem where slanted lines appear all over the screen (usually bright red/white) every so often, which is followed by a reset and the BIOS requiring all its settings saving again. I

I had read it was a fault with XP, but I've just reinstalled and its happened again. Contacting Gainward, they aren't interested in helping out at all, saying they won't deal with me directly (I was under the silly impression they made the card, therefore the "warranty" was with them? Or is customer service a thing of the past?)

Anybody else had this? I really need a solution, it pisses me right off with it crashing after a decent long session of Armed Assault!!!

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
If the card is still under warranty, you will need to mad dog Gainward to make them stand by the warranty. Sending them screenshots would be a good start.

shawty_82

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I've arranged a return to where I bought the card from,so hopefully getting a new card will sort the problem!

I've tried capturing some screens just in case there's any doubt from Gainward/my vendor, but it seems once I start getting the funky colours,its too late and there's nothing myself or the computer can do.

Interestingly enough, it only ever happens on some games, and it happens quicker if I have anti-aliasing cranked up to the max......and also, its never happened fully whilst playing Silent Hunter 3, I just get the corruption I described on the damage report sheet on the table in the control room view......weirdness....

DrussTheCrazy

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
be firm with your warranty returns guys the company's really don't want a claim as each claim costs them hundreds of dollars per claim!if they make you pay for shipping piss em off enough till they pay for it as they should its just another way to annoy you they hope you'll give up and accept the card as it is!trust me ive been a mobile phone technician for 6 years now i know how these major corporations can be ;) and nag nag nag em call em everyday to make sure they are doing it theres nothing wrong with that