Looking for game cartridge battery

Everytime my stepson turns off his game, he has to restart
I'm very sure this is a dead battery. The date on the battery indicates
it was produced 11th week '99. From my experience, Lithium cells have a
shelf life about 5 yrs

Anyone know what the part no. is? or at least the voltage?

Soldering isn't a problem for me, I just need to source a new battery

Thnks
4 answers Last reply
More about looking game cartridge battery

    This may sound like a stupid question, but since you didn't specify...
    is your son saving the game? Pokemon doesn't autosave, it requires you
    to go to the start menu.

    My Hubby replaced the battery in my Crystal when it started doing the
    same thing ... unfortunately it didn't help much .. instead of not
    saving info at all.. it now saves for about a day .. then it erases.
    I've given up on Crystal (I had it "beat") ... since I can't trade with
    it with Fire or Leaf anyway.

    You might see if Nintendo will replace the battery for free .. try
    calling the 1-800# ..

    --
    http://mistymage.com

    DeepThought [thru Google] wrote:
    > This may sound like a stupid question, but since you didn't specify...
    > is your son saving the game? Pokemon doesn't autosave, it requires you
    > to go to the start menu.

    Since I don't play myself...I assume he goes back to the start menu,
    he's been able to save before

    now after about 3 yrs of playing, off and on, his progress does not save

    Ralph wrote:
    > DeepThought [thru Google] wrote:
    >
    >> This may sound like a stupid question, but since you didn't specify...
    >> is your son saving the game? Pokemon doesn't autosave, it requires you
    >> to go to the start menu.
    >>

    > Since I don't play myself...I assume he goes back to the start menu,
    > he's been able to save before
    >
    > now after about 3 yrs of playing, off and on, his progress does not save
    I must've been blind...

    The battery type is printed right on the PC board; CR1616, a fairly
    common watch battery
    The battery is soldered onto the board; two metal strips are spot welded
    to the battery to provide solder locations. Carefully breaking the welds
    with a knife, slipping the old battery out and inserting a new battery
    was all I needed to do

    Now the game saves correctly

Battery Games Video Games