sony mini-DV handycam

March 25, 2005 3:53:02 PM

Hi, I just left a thread, but I forgot to specify that my handycam is a
mini-DV. I don't know if that makes a difference in whether it is compatable
with XP but reading through other people's questions I saw that everyone was
specifying if it was digital. My question, again, is why when I was
installing the software and wanting to download vidio through my USB my
computer said that the hardware was not compatible with XP and doing so could
damage the system. Can I install the software and download my video?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
ALice

More about : sony mini handycam

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:50:22 AM

You need firewire to download the digital video from the digital camcorder
to the PC.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"AliceinND" <AliceinND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just left a thread, but I forgot to specify that my handycam is a
> mini-DV. I don't know if that makes a difference in whether it is
> compatable
> with XP but reading through other people's questions I saw that everyone
> was
> specifying if it was digital. My question, again, is why when I was
> installing the software and wanting to download vidio through my USB my
> computer said that the hardware was not compatible with XP and doing so
> could
> damage the system. Can I install the software and download my video?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
> ALice

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:43:44 PM

--