AT job creation

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win98.taskscheduler,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

All,

Can anyone tell me why the following line in my logon script exits with
an error code of 9009 on an XP Pro SP2 machine, but not on a Windows
2000 Pro SP4 machine? (I get a 0 - OK)

Also this works fine if I type it on the same XP machine from a CMD prompt..

at 0:00 /every:m,t,w,th,f,sa,su
\\swocmpq01.uk-lab.lucent.com\software$\_logon\nightly\nightly.bat

(all one line)

Cheers,

Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win98.taskscheduler,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Try something else simple; to test. It may be the batch job and nothing to
do with AT

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" wrote:
| All,
|
| Can anyone tell me why the following line in my logon script exits with
| an error code of 9009 on an XP Pro SP2 machine, but not on a Windows
| 2000 Pro SP4 machine? (I get a 0 - OK)
|
| Also this works fine if I type it on the same XP machine from a CMD
prompt..

| at 0:00 /every:m,t,w,th,f,sa,su
| \\swocmpq01.uk-lab.lucent.com\software$\_logon\nightly\nightly.bat
|
| (all one line)
|
| Cheers,
|
| Adrian

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win98.taskscheduler,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Dave,

It works fine on the 2000 machine, just not on this XP Pro box. Its
part of a set of a lot more complicated scripts, and all the rest work
OK. I tried loking 9009 up on google for error codes. Closest I get is
that its a DNS issue.. but that doesn't make sense.

Dave Patrick wrote:
> Try something else simple; to test. It may be the batch job and nothing to
> do with AT

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win98.taskscheduler,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Knowing that it work on Windows 2000 doesn't help. Try something else
simple; to test (on Windows XP). It may be something within the batch job
and nothing to do with AT. In other words you need to know which direction
to pursue.

--

"Adrian Marsh (NNTP)" wrote:
| Dave,
|
| It works fine on the 2000 machine, just not on this XP Pro box. Its
| part of a set of a lot more complicated scripts, and all the rest work
| OK. I tried loking 9009 up on google for error codes. Closest I get is
| that its a DNS issue.. but that doesn't make sense.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.win98.taskscheduler,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?)

Could it be that that XP box cannot resolve that name??

Also, have you tried encompassing the path in quotes? There looks like
there's a space in there...

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net