Groudon is better than Sunny Day!

Sunny Day will last in 5 turns, Groudon's ability makes the sun goes
forever (even if Groudon is knocked out) so have Groudon in your party,
if you want to do Solar Beam as often as you'd like!

The Blaziken Master wrote:

> Sunny Day will last in 5 turns, Groudon's ability makes the sun goes
> forever (even if Groudon is knocked out) so have Groudon in your party,
> if you want to do Solar Beam as often as you'd like!

.... Until someone else uses a weather-changing effect. Kyogre and
Tyranitar's abilities will see to that, automatically performing Rain
Dance and Sandstorm, respectively. I believe Hail has a similar effect.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

But doing that would be useless if Rayquaza or Golduck would be in the
battle, wouldn't it?

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> But doing that would be useless if Rayquaza or Golduck would be in the
> battle, wouldn't it?

I don't believe either of them is immune to Sandstorm. Oh, what is Ray's
ability? Weather Guard (ok, so ignoring wheather is a good thing in the
case of Sandstorm)? So why Sunny Day if Ray is just going to ignore it.
Golduck (Damp? no you mean Cloud Nine, what does that do, I can't
remember?)? Can't learn Solar Beam (can it?) and is a Water poke, so Sunny
Day isn't that good for it either. And you forgot Castform.

daramark

daramark wrote:

> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > But doing that would be useless if Rayquaza or Golduck would be in the
> > battle, wouldn't it?
>
> I don't believe either of them is immune to Sandstorm. Oh, what is Ray's
> ability? Weather Guard (ok, so ignoring wheather is a good thing in the
> case of Sandstorm)? So why Sunny Day if Ray is just going to ignore it.
> Golduck (Damp? no you mean Cloud Nine, what does that do, I can't
> remember?)? Can't learn Solar Beam (can it?) and is a Water poke, so Sunny
> Day isn't that good for it either. And you forgot Castform.

Cloud Nine prevents any pokemon from altering the weather.

Air Lock prevents any pokemon from being affected by the weather.

"Disruptor" <mathews1@gte.net> wrote in message

> daramark wrote:
>
>> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > But doing that would be useless if Rayquaza or Golduck would be in the
>> > battle, wouldn't it?
>>
>> I don't believe either of them is immune to Sandstorm. Oh, what is Ray's
>> ability? Weather Guard (ok, so ignoring wheather is a good thing in the
>> case of Sandstorm)? So why Sunny Day if Ray is just going to ignore it.
>> Golduck (Damp? no you mean Cloud Nine, what does that do, I can't
>> remember?)? Can't learn Solar Beam (can it?) and is a Water poke, so
>> Sunny
>> Day isn't that good for it either. And you forgot Castform.
>
> Cloud Nine prevents any pokemon from altering the weather.
>
> Air Lock prevents any pokemon from being affected by the weather.

Ah!! And still I wonder why have a Groudon on the same team as a Ray with
Air Lock. So keep Golduck and Ray away from Castform and Groudon, Kyrogre
and Tyranitar. Good to know. What happens to Castform when Ray comes out?
(it's form is indicated by the weather.)

daramark

Well, then Golduck/Rayquaza are in play, Solar Beam would take two
turns even though the sunlight is strong

The Blaziken Master wrote:

> Well, then Golduck/Rayquaza are in play, Solar Beam would take two
> turns even though the sunlight is strong

If Sunny Day is iin effect when Golduck comes out, the Sunny Day would
still be in effect. You just can't change the weather