ganesh

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

Hi There,

I want to print to a file, Whenever i click print from my system, it should
ask for printer files, then it should be stored in the file, then if
possible i need to convert into pdf file, is it possible

Thanks
Ganesh

There are some software available in the market that can help do conversion
to pdf files....

"Ganesh" wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I want to print to a file, Whenever i click print from my system, it should
> ask for printer files, then it should be stored in the file, then if
> possible i need to convert into pdf file, is it possible
>
> Thanks
> Ganesh

If you need to print to a PDF then consider the full version of Adobe
Acrobat (www.adobe.com) instead of just the reader.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:01:59 -0000, Ganesh wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I want to print to a file, Whenever i click print from my system, it should
> ask for printer files, then it should be stored in the file, then if
> possible i need to convert into pdf file, is it possible
>
> Thanks
> Ganesh

If you are not finding Print To File as an option under the File> Print
dialog screen, you may need to set up a generic text printer to gain that
option. The article referenced below contains directions on doing this in
the very last section titled "How to Print to a Text File"

How To Print a Device Manager Report in Windows XP

Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

to print to file (PDF) you need the Adobe software "Adobe Acrobat" or other
third party app that will do this.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:57:30 +0800, Andrew Murray wrote:

> to print to file (PDF) you need the Adobe software "Adobe Acrobat" or other
> third party app that will do this

CutePDF is an alternative that can virtually print a PDF file as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:57:30 +0800, Andrew Murray wrote:

> to print to file (PDF) you need the Adobe software "Adobe Acrobat" or other
> third party app that will do this.

"Print to file" is more generic than printing to *a* file. Printing to a
particular file type is not the same thing.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User