Access denied errors duing RIS

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 12, 2004 12:44:01 PM

Hi

We're currently deploying winXP using RIS on a 2003 RIS server.

There are 3 of us doing the image deployment and if a machine has been
RISed before by one of us, using a custom install, and then we update
the image, when we go to blow it out again using an automatic install
(so as to keep the machine name without removing it from AD), only the
person who originally RISed the machine can do it again. The other 2
people get access denied at the screen after choosing which image to
install. We have 250 machines to RIS and it gets a bit confusing
remembering who orriginally did what machine.

We all have the same full control rights to the OU for the site where
we are based and to all the sub OUs within this although we are not
Domain Admins.

Has anyone got an answer to this?

Cheers
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:28:25 AM

Make sure you have the create and delete computer account permissions
for the OU (or container) used for the RIS computer accounts (the
default is the computers container)

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic